CTX Xpress vs the Intensity Series

omearaee

Hi Cathy,

I was wondering if I'm trying to lose some weight...should I purchase the CTX Xpress series or the Intensity series. Right now most of my cardio workouts are about 38 to 45 minutes long. I weight train total body 2 times a week and perform cardio 4 times a week. I want to add to my collection:D for the sake of variety of course but I wanted some guidance about which series is better suited for my needs.

Erin

Hmmm that's a tough call Erin. Mainly because I don't know which type of training you prefer. They both will promote results you are looking for. If you go with CTX, the 6 cardio workouts are shorter (about 30 minutes in length)but higher in intensity than a standard 45 minute workout. There is also less emphasis on weight training than in the Intensity Series. The Intensity series, is less cardio focus but more overall total body intensity training which also promotes fat loss. So, the first step is to decide which style appeals to you more. Then after you have decided and have the new workouts in your hand, here are some things to consider to help you with the workouts:

1) Depending on your current fitness level, you may want to break into each of the workouts gradually. You can do this by modifying or even shortening each of the new workouts for the first few times or mixing just one or two of them in at a time with your current workouts until you are familiar with all of them.

2) View them first to make sure that you have all of the equipment handy and know what you will need in advance to prepare for a smoother workout.

3) Listen to your body and break free of a planned workout if your body is saying it needs a rest on a given day. At the very least, change the workout to a lighter day or a different type of workout that will allow sore muscles to recover while others work.

Good Luck!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.