Creatine, etc.

ARNTZEN

Cathe,

Recently, I visited fortifiednutrition's web site
and completed a question and answer session about
my health/fitness goals.

They recommended the follow:
1) MHP Methoxy Meal (basically a Whey Protein shake +)
2) Micronized Creatine.
3) GL3 by AST (Human Growth Hormon pro factors)

What is your opinion about taking this stuff? Are
you totally against it?

Still faithfully doing Power Max,

Glenn

Hi Glenn! I am not really a supplement buff. I feel that the best way to achieve a healthy and strong body is to eat healthy and balanced meals and stay very focused and committed to your fitness program. Good luck with everything!

Hi Glenn,
I think Cathe has given very sound advice. I saw in an earlier post that you talked about growth hormone. I have been meaning to respond to this for some time.
Growth hormone has several functions, but keeping you from aging is not one of them. Excess growth hormone in children and adults is a problem. Some effects of excess growth hormone include increased blood glucose levels (acts as an antagonist to insulin so insulin -dependent cells such as muscle have decreased uptake of glucose). Excess growth hormone can harm the heart too. These are just a few problems.
I guess I just do not think the science behind supplements is "all there".

Hi Glenn,

I used to take sooooo many supplements, but following Cathe's example, I gave all of them up (except soy protein drinks and bars). I liked and admired her stand on being a NATURAL athlete and decided that was the route for me too. So I'm eating clean and working out HARD. :)

Now, when I look at my muscles and the fat that's melting away...I know it's ME. It's NATURAL. Nothing pumped up or artificial. And that feels GOOD!

In my honest, albeit, humble opinion.....NO ONE needs any of those supplements. Those companies just want to make money off our desire to get in shape and are counting on our inexperience and ignorance.

The decision is yours. I'm VERY happy with mine.

All Natural and PROUD of it! :D

Carol

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.