Could I be over training?

FourAM

Cathlete
I know without knowing me and seeing me everyday, this might be a hard question to answer but I was hoping for a little insight.

I finished STS (6month rotation) a little while ago and then took a week off and then did 2 weeks of sort of the undulating program starting with meso 1 week one on the first week and and meso2 week 1 the second week. I started the June rotation with my forum buddies Aug 3. Everything was going fine the first week and then Mon was disk 35 Plyo. I have had no problem with this one before but when I was done with it this time I felt nauseous for about an hour after and then just wiped out all day. The next day was disk 7 and I came through it well pushing through the whole workout but then had no appetite the whole day. This is not like me at all. Normally on a good weight training day I am starving. The next day was supposed to be a steady state run and I was going to do steady state step but was just barely getting through it so I stopped and did yoga for about an hr and then I felt great for the rest of the day so when I got home I did the next days rotation workout which was 4day split kickbox because I had to leave early for work the next day and knew I would not be able to fit it in. Then I was pretty tired the next day. Today was disk 8 and I just barely made it through it.

The thing I do not understand is that I did all of STS for 6 months. I did not miss a workout and pushed myself through the whole thing. I always had cardio for 3 days and weights for 3 days. The only thing that I have changed is that I have increased my weight a little to accommodate the 5 % increase in strength. But this week I have totally lost my appetite which has never happened to me in my life. I just feel tired. I am so close to the body that I have wanted and now I feel like it is not attainable for me.

I know this is kind of scattered, Cathe, but any advice or insight would be greatly appreciated. I am at a loss.

Thank you
Rachel

Hi Not Cathe. But I think you have to take a goood break, It sound like over training to me if you can get the Sep. Oxygen, there is a article about it, and it will give you some tips. The main story sound like yours.
When the volume and Intensity of your training program exceeds your ability to recover, you arrive at the door of overtraining. Your mind and body can only handle so much breakdowd before they begin to fall apart. Is just as with ice cream, to much exercise can be a bad thing.
And the fix need a long break, maybe a week or maybe a month..
I hope you can get the magazine so you can see for your self. Good luck.

Eunice;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.