Core Work

RA

Hi Cathe,
I love your new videos. I have a question about 3 of the newer core exercises that you included in your most recent videos. The exercises I speak of are in Boot Camp and Cardio with Weights. The first one is the Side plank exercise with feet stacked up on each other( I think it is in the first cycle of boot camp) where you are up on the forearm and "crunching toward the hand on the floor with the opposite arm behind the ear.
The second exercise is the side plank with feet stacked on each other with the stability ball on your side.
The third core exercise is where you are up on the elbow/forarm on your side legs slightly forward with the other arm behind the ear and you crunch toward the opposite knee with your arm and legs.
Now that you know the exercises I speak of (I hope) could you explain in what part of the abs I should feel them. I know they are geared towards obliques and I feel slight tension in my sides, but I am not sure where to focus it. I am used to the traditional "crunch" type of ab work where you feel that "burn" these don't burn but I feel tension, mostly on the side which is closest to the floor at the time. Is this the right place to be feeling it or do I need to focus in another part of the abdominals to get benefit from these exercises. I love the feel of this "non traditional" ab work, I just want to know if I am doing them correctly to get the benefits.

Thanks Cathe,
You are the BESTEST
Robyn

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.