Clicking in knees

Trenia

Hi Cathe,
I have a clicking sound in my knees whenever they are bent and then straightened. What could be causing this? I must say that I'm an aerobiholic that works out at least twice a day. 80% of this workout is Step with the remaining as weight bearing. Is this the culprit?

P.S. Discovering your videos about 7 years ago has changed my life. Thank you, Cathe.

signed,
Trenia:) :D

Not Cathe, but my left knee has been doing something similar over the past year, esp. when going up and down stairs. My husband called it crepitice (crunchy knee)- I did an internet search and found some stretches to go along with what he recommended (he's a PT). I've been doing more running/bike exercises over the past year and less stretching, if at all.

Take care:)

Not Cathe, but my right knee has started back up w/ the clicking. While doing my LBWO on Friday, I heard a loud POP, since then my knee has been achey and swollen. I am going to give it a few days rest before doing any running or lifting.

My suggestion is, if it isn't really bothering you just workout like normal...just be careful.

Take Care,

"Today is a Gift, Have Fun"

~Jennifer~

050510_10014282379.gif

Hi Jennifer...not to scare you but the last time my knee went "POP" I tored a ligament. You may want to seek medical attention if the swelling continues.

Trenia,Hi you might also ask your doctor but you might need to start taking glucosamine,My knees were doing that and I started taking it and it helps.But make sure you take GOOD VITMAINS not cheap ones.:)
have a great day! Teri.

Hello!

I have constant clicking in my knees. Lots of loud crunching.

But no pain. I feel great. If I ever get pains, I will stop and see my doctor.

But for now, without the pains, I do not worry.

Everyone is different. Best of luck to you all! :)

"Life is too short - Be the best you can be every single day of your life!" :)

I have the same issue and my doctor said it is because my hamstrings were really tight. My straight leg lift was aroung 70 degrees when it should be at least 90 degrees.

Stretch, stretch, stretch, that is what seemed to help me lots. I noticed a huge difference when I do Tae Bo because he does a lot of hamstring stretching in the warm up and cool down, and maybe the kickboxing helped too. Or you could put some yoga in your routine.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.