Changes coming to cathe.com

SNM Videos

Administrator
Just want to give everybody a heads up on some changes we’re going to make to the website over the next few months:

1) We ‘re going to upgrade our forum software from DCF99 to DCF2000. This will not be as dramatic of a change as last time and the look and feel of the forum will be very similar to what we use now.
One big change is the “collapsible threads” option. As it stands now when you click on a forum you are taken to another page, which list the 20 most recent posts and all of their replies. This can cause problems (and a lot of scrolling) when a particular topic gets a lot of responses. This has been our biggest complaint about the forum software we use and we have conveyed your concerns to our forum software provider. DCF200 gives you the option to show the original topic and all replies (just like we have now) or to “collapse” the threads and only show the original topic and no replies. You can “collapse” and “uncollaspe” the threads with a simple click of a button. You can also sort the threads by date, author, number of replies and views. We will tell you more later on as the conversion date gets closer.

2)We’re moving our site to a faster and bigger server that should be able to handle our load no matter what the traffic is. The server is located in Georgia and is connected directly to one of the largest hubs on the Internet. The new server is now up and running, but we have not transferred our site to it yet. When we do you should be aware that it may take your ISP up to a week to update their DNS. This means you may be accessing our old site instead of our new site for a few days. We will give you plenty of notice before the move and instructions so that you connect to the new (correct) server.

Chris

Thanks

Chris and crew,

Thanks for staying two steps ahead:O). You never fail to impress me with how much you folks stay on top of things with your website. I guess that's why we all keep coming back. OK...it might not be the only reason
wink.gif

Looking forward to the new features,
nancy:O)

Thanks, Chris!

Thanks, Chris and S&M! Your organization never ceases to amaze me with its customer service, innovation, and technological saavy! As much as I enjoy Cathe's workouts (a LOT) - I also enjoy the fact that S&M seems very well managed business-wise.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.