Cathe- so confused about what I should be doing!

Hi Cathe,

First let me apologize for this post, as it may be kind of long!

As I stated in an earlier post, I just recently "discovered" you and LOVE your workouts. I am 34 years old and have been active since I was 6 years old (started playing fast pitch softball and synchronized swimming) and have been pretty much consistent with exercise ever since. I have to say, though, since high school, my exercise shifted from mainly sports to aerobic exercise. To be honest, I have never really "enjoyed" routines and traditional forms of exercise (stair step, step classes, floor aerobics, etc..)- I just did them to stay healthy. However, since I discovered your workouts, I actually thoroughly enjoy working out and feel highly motivated to do them! It is amazing! Thank you for your great workouts!

Now here is my problem. I am 5'4" and weight about 115. I am basically looking to tone up and get rid of a little flab in the butt, hamstring area and inner thighs. My hamstring area and inner thighs have the hardest time toning up no matter what I do! I am having a hard time knowing what to do and when. I feel so confused from day to day when I try to decide what to do for that day. For example, knowing my goals, should I be doing full body weight training two days a week or three days a week of certain body areas, or something else? Also, I like to try and do cardio at least four days a week (it seems like when I don't I seem to lose get a little flabby quickly)- is that good or should I be doing more? And should a couple of my cardio workouts be circuit training or intervals? UGH! I am so confused!! :D Or maybe I am overthinking it all and should just do what I feel like that day?? It seems like everyone else has a "plan" and I like that because it seems like it insures that there workouts are well-rounded. Any ideas, suggestions you have would be wonderful, as I am lost! :-(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.