Cathe Rotation for a Skinny Flabby?

sln

Cathlete
Hi - I got some great advice at VF about being a skinny flabby, but I wanted to ask my all-time favorite instructor about the issue I have. I'm within my target weight zone, but I'm flabby (arms not toned, flabby legs). I look OK with clothes on, but . . . I'd like to add some muscle. Since I'm an ectomorph I have a hard time putting on muscle! I have all of Cathe's tapes, plus the CTX and Slow and Heavy on DVD. TO add to the complication, I can usually only manage to work out 4 times a week because I have an 8 month old baby and I work full time. Should I be focusing on workouts like Powerhour (I don't own this one yet)? Or would Slow and Heavy work better? I'm searching for a Cathe rotation that will help me add muscle. I'm not too worried about losing weight, although dropping 5 pounds would be nice.

Hi Sln! If you want to put on muscle, the best way to do it is through a slow and heavy training approach. That doesn't mean you have to totally ignore light weight workouts, however, do them very moderately. Your focus should be with the slow heavy series (or any other slow heavy weight tape), a few extra "good food" calories per day with a hint of extra protein in your overall diet to help tissue repair, and proper rest to let the benefits of this training do its job. Good luck!

Thanks, Cathe! Hope your pregnancy's going well!

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Nov-30-01 AT 10:11AM (Est)[/font][p][font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Nov-30-01 AT 10:10 AM (Est)[/font]

I just tried the Slow and Heavy's for the first time this week and I do like them a lot! I will try to watch my diet. I'm still not quite sure how to integrate the S & H with your other tapes, but I'll do some experimenting! I'm going to have to buy some more weight plates too, I think - that's a first for me! Your strength training tapes are the best out there in my opinion. I appreciate your help on this forum so much. Thank you so much. - Sarah P.S. The header's supposed to say "Hope your pregnancy's going well!"

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.