Cathe - Roadtrip Step Class advice for the "step-impaired?"

Tess_ATL

Cathlete
Cathe, I'm going on the roadtrip and I'm super excited about all the classes except step. Actually I'm scared to death. :) I have 2 left feet when it comes to choreography (although I'm fine with kickboxing). I recently acquired Cardio Hits, Step Blast & the Rhythmic Step DVD. What step routines do you recommend I practice before the RT so I at least have SOME CLUE what I'm doing? I'll be the one in the back on the 4" step facing the complete opposite direction everyone else is facing :p

RE: Cathe - Roadtrip Step Class advice for the

>Cathe, I'm going on the roadtrip and I'm super excited about
>all the classes except step. Actually I'm scared to death. :)
>I have 2 left feet when it comes to choreography (although I'm
>fine with kickboxing). I recently acquired Cardio Hits, Step
>Blast & the Rhythmic Step DVD. What step routines do you
>recommend I practice before the RT so I at least have SOME
>CLUE what I'm doing? I'll be the one in the back on the 4"
>step facing the complete opposite direction everyone else is
>facing :p

While you're waiting for Cathe, I can tell you from what you have from the easiest (more athletic) to the most complex (more dancy):

1. Power Max
2. Step Fit
3. Step Works
4. Step Blast
5. Rhythmic Step (my favorite). This was actually my first Cathe workout and still my favorite. I like very dancy but this even took me a few times before I got it. Cathe explains some of the moves before the workouts on Cardio Hits and also breaks them down a bit more but not in Step Blast and Rhythmic Step so I would start with that DVD first and work your way up.

Good luck. You have a bit of time before the road trip, so I'm sure you'll be able to get in plenty of practice.

Marcy

You could also post this on the Cathe Roadtrip message board maybe one of the coordinators could help, just a suggestion.:7

I am the opposite--I can handle some complex step choreography (Step Blast and Rhythmic Step are my favorite Cathe workouts), but I have two left feet when it comes to kickboxing. I just got KPC, and I feel so awkward doing it! I'm sure it just takes some practice, but it's not coming very naturally to me. So I'm worried about the kickbox class!

I am the opposite--I can handle some complex step choreography (Step Blast and Rhythmic Step are my favorite Cathe workouts), but I have two left feet when it comes to kickboxing. I just got KPC, and I feel so awkward doing it! I'm sure it just takes some practice, but it's not coming very naturally to me. So I'm worried about the kickbox class!

Tess--you can hang out in the back with me and my two left feet...or is it right feet....
We'll have our own Benny Hill/Mr. Bean step session ;-)

Tess--you can hang out in the back with me and my two left feet...or is it right feet....
We'll have our own Benny Hill/Mr. Bean step session ;-)

Relax Tess:7

It's all about fun. I'm sure I will mess up too. I'll be reviewing the moves right before we do the workout so that you have an idea of what to expect. Any moves that look tricky, we can stand up as a group and practice before I officially start the workout.

I haven't put together the step workout yet but I like to stick with a mix of classic moves, power moves, and a few typical dancy moves (mambo's, shuffles, rhythmic moves, things we have done time and time again) to keep everyone's enjoyment level high and frustration low. The room will be too full to try to teach a new routine so this format will be perfect.

Please don't worry...it's all about laughing til your sides ache and making lots of new friends who share a love for fitness just like you do :7

Can't wait!!!!

Relax Tess:7

It's all about fun. I'm sure I will mess up too. I'll be reviewing the moves right before we do the workout so that you have an idea of what to expect. Any moves that look tricky, we can stand up as a group and practice before I officially start the workout.

I haven't put together the step workout yet but I like to stick with a mix of classic moves, power moves, and a few typical dancy moves (mambo's, shuffles, rhythmic moves, things we have done time and time again) to keep everyone's enjoyment level high and frustration low. The room will be too full to try to teach a new routine so this format will be perfect.

Please don't worry...it's all about laughing til your sides ache and making lots of new friends who share a love for fitness just like you do :7

Can't wait!!!!

>>
>Please don't worry...it's all about laughing til your sides
>ache and making lots of new friends who share a love for
>fitness just like you do :7
>
>
I can't wait for the achey-side ab workout!

>>
>Please don't worry...it's all about laughing til your sides
>ache and making lots of new friends who share a love for
>fitness just like you do :7
>
>
I can't wait for the achey-side ab workout!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.