Cathe, I Love the Cross Train Xpress DVD

upperwests

Cathlete
To be honest, I wasn't sure whether or not to purchase this DVD due to the cost and that it is comprised of older workouts. But, I am so glad that I did. I did a week long rotation with it last week and loved every minute of it. It was worth every penny!!!! By the way, I quit my gym membership because your workouts give me so much more of a workout. I turn 50 this summer and feel that your workouts are my fountain of youth.
Paula

Rock on Paula! I think Cathe's CTX series is brilliant. Everything comes at you so fast that a week's rotation of it flies by. You've inspired me to do it next week for sure!

I don't do this one a lot, mostly because I tend to do more total body strength workouts, but...CTX has some of the best short cardio workouts I know of and when I feel like really working my legs good, I know Meaner Legs will do the job nicely...well maybe not nicely:)

Paula, I so agree...CTX is a masterpiece! It's one of my ole time favs! I just might have to dig that one out for next week too. Enjoy your workouts and good for you at almost FIFTY!!!!

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid8692709

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie") http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/action-smiley-066.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance, I Hope You DANCE!

CTX is a workout I constantly reach for. It is just so versatile. It allows you short sections of cardio and short sections of upper body. It makes a great add on.
Ellen

Hi Paula,

I just wanted to chime in and say please be careful with your knees...! I also love CTX and was looking to do a month-long rotation a while back. Well, 2 weeks into it I had to stop because my left knee started to hurt. I stopped exercising for a few weeks and used ice packs and heat pads hoping the pain would go away, but here it is about a month or more later and my knee still hurts. I don't think I have any other choice but to see a doctor at this point. I'm 25 and have been doing Cathe's tapes for a couple years and I never had any knee pain before. So I just wanted to pass that along. I know they're tons of fun but boy do I wish my knee didn't hurt with every step that I take.

p.s. sorry to be a party-pooper!

>I just wanted to chime in and say please be careful with your
>knees...!

I agree. I love the CTX concept (and the weight work is some of Cathe's best), but the rotation has too many step workouts (often consecutively, if you follow the logical rotation) and too much impact to be knee safe for many of us.

I love CTX also. I love the "All Step" routine. I think the intricate foot work was great. I'm more of a stepper though than a high low person.

CTX has something for everyone. I like to combine two of the cardio workouts (e.g., Step & Intervals and All Step; Kickbox and Circuit). In one rotation she told us to pick our fave three cardio and combine them into one workout. That just about killed me but what a fun way to go!

Hey Paula, who's that in your avatar? Is that a pic of your daughter? I take it you live on the Upper West Side?

Trust in the LORD with all your heart.

oh,oh,oh!!! i got one of the CTX and i love it. where can i get the other ones?
thanks, cathy

Hi, not Cathe obviously (wish I was...lol). You can buy the entire series on one DVD. You can buy it on this site.....just click on DVD's on the homepage...type in the name (exactly...or it won't apppear). Another option is to buy each separate workout on VHS. I highly recommend spending the money and just going for the one DVD, because Cathe added some bonus workouts. Which one do you have? Have you tried All Step? It is so much fun. After strictly doing Firm cardios, I found it to be super challenging....but after doing it about 6 times I got the hang of it and LOVE IT!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.