Cathe, how do you mix your music?

Beauty Queen

Hi Cathe,

I just ordered your CD of music from the IS and I'm really excited to use for running and when I travel and need to workout in hotel gyms. The music from this series is your best yet and so motivational. I'm doing a 5K in a few weeks (only my second ever) and I plan on listening to your new cd while I'm trotting along!

I was wondering how you mixed your music because it always seems to fit with the move or section you're doing. Do you work out your routine first and then have sections of music you like mixed in to match or vice versa? How much time (I imagine a lot!) does it take to get the final mixes down for your workouts? Do people send you demo tapes of music? I find this all really fascinating!

One more question, can we hope for a volume 2?! If so, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE include "Let it go," "The Party," and that awesome Quiet Riot-esque metal one from Bootcamp. Those are my absolute favorite workout songs from the series. I also loved Planet Whip 99 when you did it during a punching drill on one of the roadtrips but I guess that's too much to ask for the cd. ;)

Many thanks for the hours and hours of fantastic, super-quality workouts you provide!
Kelly

Hi Kelly! Thanks so much for your kind words. Yes, I agree "Let It Go" was one of my favorites too. There is actually much involved in obtaining licensing rights. Its a lengthy process that sometimes interferes with meeting deadlines for other parts of the project. But overall even though some of the songs didn't make the cut, I am still happy that those that did are fun songs too.

As for choreography and music, ideally I like to have a song fit the choreography but sometimes it is not always possible and I work around it as best as I can.

Best of luck to you in your 5K. Go Get'M:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.