Cathe helped me in China!

bearcatfan

Cathlete
Just wanted to say thank you, Cathe, for making my recent adoption trip a success! Why, you ask? This time I went by myself, and my husband stayed home with our first daughter (also from China). At various times, I was lugging a baby in a snuggli, backpack and camera bag all over creation -- or at least airports in China and Tokyo. Not to mention pulling my suitcase. I wish someone would have taken a picture.

I felt so strong!! When I would sit down, I would use the proper squat form to get back up :). I really missed you, though, and two days after I got back home I was doing Muscle Endurance and IMAX2. ;-)

Grace and Amy say thank you, too, for making their mommy strong and happy!

Rose

Hi Rose! Congratulations on the adoption of your daughter. How happy you must be right now with your newly expanded family. Please give Grace and Amy a warm hug from me and kudos to their happy and strong mommy.

I had the exact same thoughts a few years ago. While I was living in Ethiopia, my father died unexpectedly and I had to make the 35-hour journey from Ethiopia to Idaho with my then 2-year-old twins. I had one in the backpack and one in a stroller. I also had all the paraphrenelia that is neccessary for such long trips - two changes of clothing for each kid, extra clothes for me, snacks, water, etc... I can't even imagine making such a trip not being as strong as I am!!! And then 2 weeks later I had to do it all over again to go back home!!!

Rose

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :7

I will be doing the same thing a few months from now--going to China to adopt a baby girl!!! I'm so happy for you and Grace and Amy.

Cathe, you have helped me too because without you, this 48 year old wouldn't even be attempting to try motherhood again. Now I have the strength and stamina to chase any 2 year old around the house!! :D

Donna M

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.