Cathe Gear Coming Soon!

Cathe Friedrich

Administrator
Hi Everyone! Just a quick note to let you know that we are currently working on the launch of the new *Cathe Gear* Apparel and Accessories product line. We will gradually keep adding products to this line, but initially you can expect to see things like T-shirts, long sleeve shirts, sweatshirts, hats, socks, towels, key chains, and Cathe mugs. These are just some ideas but we are very interested in hearing what things you would like to see too. I would love to have feedback as to colors and styles of the following:

Baby Doll tops.... would you like it to expose about an inch above the navel, about an inch below the navel, or come right to your hip bone with no skin exposure.....would you like scoop neck, v-neck, boat neck, cap sleeve short sleeve etc. what colors would you prefer?

Fitness shorts......how short, how fitted, draw string, elastic band, roll down, current hipster style, basic traditional style, cotton, nylon, tactel, lycra. What colors?

Sweatpants.....yoga style, boot cut leg, tapered leg, loose fit, form fit, in between loose and form fit, elastic waist band, draw string, cotton, lycra, tactel, nylon. What colors?

Long sleeved shirts....more form fitting but not super tight, loose fit like a ski-shirt with a mock neck line, what kind of neckline, what colors, cotton, lycra?

We are hoping to have the first round of products available in late March but we will keep you posted as things develop.

Thank you in advance for all of your help, suggestions, and ideas!
Cathe

Hi Cathe!

This sounds awesome!

As far as pants go, please supply PETITE lengths for us short gals?

I like the baby doll tops to be v-neck and fall to the hip bone and show no skin . My favorite colors would be white, pastel light blue and pastel orange. :D

Sweatpants colors would be neat in black, red, pastel light blue and navy blue, and of course your signature orange color. Maybe orange and white mixed? Boot cut legs & loose & in between loose and form fit would be nice. (Not too baggy, not too tight)

Also, maybe some of the pants could have those double white stripes going along the side of the legs like Addidas pants? Those are neat. :D

There's just something about pastel colors that are so nice!!

Thank so much!

Danielle
:+

Thanks for asking for input

SHORTS---Athleta makes pants & tops in a WONDERFUL fabric that's called sueded tactel (I think). It's very soft. Either that or a soft, sweat absorbing blend that doesn't "roll up" into your crotch. Maybe an inseam of 5" and something that will fit ladies with curvy bums. I like the fold over waistband style that your Hot Skins shorts has ("V" shaped). Colors? Basic black, navy, forest green, etc. Fitted or semi-fitted

Same thing with the PANTS.

For the tops, longer length and not tight but fitted. Go for some bright sunny colors :). After this dreary winter, we can all use the boost.

Thanks, Suzanne

Suzanne

Hi Cathe,
Thanks for asking our opinions about workout gear. Especially when you know we love everything you wear. :D

But since you asked LOL...

Baby doll tops, I like the inch above the navel And ones to the hip bone. I like scoop necks, cap sleeves and short sleeves.
Colors, blue, purple, pink, yellow, red, black, ...not much help am I?

Fitness shorts, I like the ones you've been wearing from HotSkins. I don't do well with drawstrings...
I prefer dark colors. I bought black shorts and violet ones. Black hides a multitude of sins.

Sweatpants, I like the bootcut leg like the ones you wear. They are SO comfortable. Drawstrings tend to make me look fat. LOL I like the tactel from HotSkins, yet the lycra/cotton from 5th Element was nice too.

Long sleeved shirts, I like both of your ideas of not super tight and the loose fit ski-shirt. Pinks, reds, yellows, purples....again not much help. :D
This is just my vote....
Thanks Cathe for going to this extra trouble for us, as we asked for you to sell more "Cathe" things.

Hi Cathe!

This is very exciting news! Thanks so much for asking for our input on this!

For clothing colors and styles. I think it would be a good idea to have the tops and bottoms match. For workout clothes I prefer stronger colors, like Navy blue, red, dark green, and black (always a safe color). I prefer to have shorts and pants be elastic, rather than draw string. I like V-necks on shirts too.

Also, a great accessory would be water plastic bottles.

Thanks for listening!
Sonya

No input from me really except to say I can't wait to drink coffee from my Cathe mug and show off my Cathe T-shirts at the office (we're allowed to dress casual). THANKS CATHE!!!!!

CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Baby Doll tops--to the hip bone, no skin exposure, v-neck, cap short sleeve to show off those arms!!!!

Fitness Shorts-hipster style, lycra,

Sweatpants--yoga, boot leg, hipster (like your hotskins stuff), black, blue, purple, grey

Long sleeved shirts, form fitting, mock turtle neck, black, white, yellow

How about a workout tank like the one you were wearing when Francine & I came to visit?

RE: CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Baby doll top to the hip, please, with as much arm showing as possible, but not too tight in the shoulder, if you choose cap sleeves. Any color but yellow suits me!

Shorts, roll down, and not skin tight. Grey is my fave.

I also like the bootleg black pants-- I have a dozen pairs already--What's one more? Black is my fave.

Thanks, Cathe! You're the best!

THis is SOOOO EXCITING. So when I get my job not only will I have to buy the new tapes but also some clothes! Boy I better get a job soon!!

Top - YES at least an inch of skin - We work hard for it so want to show it off. Plus I have a pierced belly button that noone ever sees!

Pants - love the boot cut.

Oh this is SOOOOO exciting!

Thanks Cathe! I can't get enough cute workout clothes. Just look at how many people wanted to BUY the outfits from the Intensity Series. Please offer clothes that you wear in the workouts to us. We'll buy them! Especially since you and the cast have a little different variations -there's a flattering style for everyone!

T-shirt - I'm open but make it in a fabric that we can wear to a health club or running or not. Pure cotton isn't the best for workouts.

Fitness shorts - I want fitness shorts like the ones from Hotskins in the intensity series. Maybe in a more substantial fabric. Black is awesome, but other colors are fun too - dark preferred so they don't show sweat! About the same inseam - I like the back to be slightly longer than the front (but not by very much). Just below the belly button.

Sweatpants - I LOVE a pair I bought years ago that are cotton with about 10% lycra. They look good and feel great. I like the idea of black, gray, navy/denim blue - something that coordinates with the t-shirts and sweatshirts -- read on!

You didn't mention sweatshirts - I'd like zippered hoodies that hit about the hip - not too loose or too tight in colors like kaki, blue (so many neat color blues out there now), gray, black, orange whatever. I'd also like one in a pull over that hits right below the waist (not too long again). Colors that look good with the sweats or jeans.

Thanks for the idea request. I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with! Your clothing choices always look really GOOD.

RE: CAN'T WAIT!!!!

HI Cathe,
How fun is this!!! I second the hipster type shorts, and the yoga style pants. For the tops, please, please please add some fun colors--I get really tired of the typical blk, grey, navy! Above the naval, and i would love a little tank type.

I know you will do a great job on these as well. Look forward to seeing them

Thanks
Jayne

Hi Cathe,
You are a doll to ask our input. Looks like everyone wants cap sleeves, but I hate the loose skin under my arms, from yo-yo dieting and starvation, massive weight gain and loss before I "met" you. I am horribly self conscious about it, so could we have just one style with a longer, but still short sleeve?
I can't wait to see all the new goodies! Girlfriend, you are killing the poor credit card!
Dawn

Cathe,
For Sweatpants, I would like: in between loose and form fit with lycra in them. For shirts would like scoop neck, inch below the naval, and tank or cap sleeve. Any color but white. I would love to have a hat as I wear hats when jogging.

I would also be interested in a gym bag with Cathe logo or how about water bottles - can't get enough of those?

Also, I would definately purchase socks, towels, etc. if you offered them.

Thanks!

Hi Cathe! How exciting to be launching your own gear line!
I would buy a keychain in a heartbeat, and a waterbottle, or a big sports glass!
As far as shorts, personally I love this material called "Meryl" I love this line of sports clothes called "Kinesis/So Sporty" from Nordstrom's (and other places) it is very breathable fabric, also I like lycra too :) I think that the colors would be pretty to be seasonal-maybe some brights in the spring/summer, and darker colors in the fall if possible, and black year round!

Thank you Cathe and crew!!! :D

I'm your basic gal although petite. I like regular t-shirts in basic colors (white or black). As far as sweat pants go, since I am petite, something with a 28" inseam would fit. I personally hate boot cut. But I like elastic waist bands. Anything else would be too long. Long sleeve shirts with a turtleneck would be great to wear when motorcycling. Helps to keep me a little more warm! As I am discovering with the world of average size ladies, everything is just too long and big. Including wedding dresses!!! (my little rant for the day)

Beth

Here's my two cents. . .

hip-length T-shirts (even at my fittest I'm not a belly button show-er! --and I'm sure I'm not the only one who is on a fitness journey rather than in top form!). And SCOOP NECK, please!! Bright and/or pastel colors. Anything but the usual black/navy/gray, please! I like COLORS!

Fitness shorts: drawstring and not TOO short! 5" inseam would be great! MATCH THE T-SHIRTS!!!

sweat pants: boot cut leg first choice, yoga style second, elastic waist, neutral colors (black, grey, and please NAVY!) (or, hey, MATCH THE T-SHIRTS again!)

no opinion on the long-sleeved Ts since I generally don't wear them.

Basically what I would love to see is COLOR, and color coordination between items. I'd rather see a few items that go together in a color-matched way than more items that are just boring neutrals.

:7 Don't forget us tall (tall/long sizes)people either! I can't wait to see what you come up with! It all sounds great! I vote for NO pastels, myself.:)

Thanks for this great info!

Baby doll tees - I would rather have them be short, with no skin exposed, crew or v-neck, short sleeved.

Shorts - lycra since cotton holds moisture too much (IMHO).

Sweat Pants - boot cut leg, form fitting

Long sleeeve shirts - cotton

Colors - pastels, gray, black

Thanks for asking. I might have to get a second job!!!

Regular T-shirts in bright colors....our DH's are going to need something. Cotton options for all clothes, please.

Water bottles, sweat bands, scrunchies, gym bags, mats, decals, diary/logbooks. Yahoo!

Thanks. Off to do ME in my boring t-shirt.

--Ann

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.