CANNOT view Cathe's "CLIPS". Help please?

beachgerrrl

Cathlete
I'm not having much luck here lately. First, the Rhythmic Step backorder saga, and now I can't view most of her "clips" on her site. I'm able to view the older ones, through to Rhythmic Step. But from there up (all the newer dvds), I can only hear sound. NO video.

I have:
pc
Win XP Pro
Win Media Player 10 (just upgraded to make sure I had the latest ver)
slow slow slow dial up at 56K

So, now what? I've gone through all the proxy settings, etc. That isn't the issue, as I can see the older clips. What do I need to do to be able to view these others? Or is it because I'm on a dial up modem (slow poke 56K dinosaur! grrrrrrrrrr).

Thanks for any info!

RE: CANNOT view Cathe's

I had the same trouble as you a couple of weeks ago. If you clear your internet cache it might help. It worked for me. On your browser, ckick on 'tools' and then 'internet options'. In 'general' there should be an option to clear history. Do that and it should help. Good luck and let me know if this worked. :)

The fact that you have dial-up may be a big factor. Perhaps the question should be asked if anyone else on dial-up can view the clips.

Back in the days prior to getting high-speed, I never bothered with video clips because I didn't have the patience for them to load (keep in mind, Cathe's clips are usually 10 minutes long!). Can you view the clips on Collage? Their's are less than a minute - the picture is less than desirable, but you'd get some idea about the workout.

Diane

I can view the ones on collagevideo, but they didn't have the particular video I wanted to view. Figures. lol

I did find a fix!
Win Media Player 9 came pre installed with my comp, which has xp pro. I was unable to view any video at all while trying Cathe's clips, except for the oldest ones. Then, I upgraded to Media Player 10. That still didn't work. So, finally, after reading the windows help files on their site for a few HOURS, I went an uploaded the older Media Player 7+ Codecs. Weird, but that made it work so that I could at least SEE a pic on the screen! It's not what I would call "Streaming Video" though. It comes out more like a "slide show". But it's better than nothing. I am assuming the slide show part is due to the dial up. But as I said, installing the older codecs worked, for some strange reason.

I cleaned out my cookies and history (I have dial-up) and use the 56k and now it works. Wow, Cathe's clips are really long. They are great, they honestly let one know what is on the tape (not that anything she does is boring)and it really helps.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.