Bodybuilding Rotation

Justinef

Cathlete
Hello Cathe,
Hopefully you can help a few of us who are doing the Bodybuilding rotation which you posted a while ago:

Do STS in its entirety.
Take one week off.
Do Gym Styles for one month!
Do the low impact series for two weeks.
Do Four Day Split for one month.
Do Shock Cardio Series for two weeks
Do STS Meso two and Meso three

I'm currently week 3 of the Gym Styles part (using your January 2014 rotation as a template). I was wondering about how to incorporate the 2 weeks LIS. It made me realise that I haven't understood the purpose of each of the stages of the rotation (obviously endurance, hypertrophy and strength for STS). I don't want to just randomly 'do' LIS, when the rest of the rotation has been put together with proper consideration!

Also, since putting the Bodybuilding rotation together you have produced the outstanding XTrain series - would it make sense to incorporate this series?

The rotation has, so far, been amazing for me - and I know it'll keep on making me stronger, fitter and healthier.
Thank you!
xx

Hello Cathe,

I'm currently week 3 of the Gym Styles part (using your January 2014 rotation as a template). I was wondering about how to incorporate the 2 weeks LIS. It made me realise that I haven't understood the purpose of each of the stages of the rotation (obviously endurance, hypertrophy and strength for STS). I don't want to just randomly 'do' LIS, when the rest of the rotation has been put together with proper consideration!

Also, since putting the Bodybuilding rotation together you have produced the outstanding XTrain series - would it make sense to incorporate this series?

The rotation has, so far, been amazing for me - and I know it'll keep on making me stronger, fitter and healthier.
Thank you!
xx

Hi Justine,

I am *not* cathe but I recall Jen asking the same question above regarding x-train. The answer was yes X-train can be incorporated to the rotation. Only burnset and cardio leg blast as they are hypertrophy program. Here is the link.

http://cathe.com/forum/f95/three-questions-294087/

As to putting LIS together, hope you get the answer. Drop me a post or message should you need any help in drafting a rotation.

HTH,

Last edited:
Nathalie, I know!!! So many workout dvd's and so little time:p I was going to add the Xtrain dvd's at the end of the Bodybuilding rotation. Is a matter of fact, I am trying to go through all my workout dvd's/videos (yes, I still have some) this year. No more buying dvd's for me:roll eyes: Well, I said that before Collage Video went out of business last week too.Didn't last long:eek:

Oh great I can use XTrain :D I'll probably swap some of the 4DS for some of the Xtrain (just for variety).

My plan for the 2 weeks of LIS is:
Trisets Upper body
Afterburn
Trisets Lower body + turbobarre leg conditioning
Low Impact Challenge
Trisets Upper Body
CardioSupersets

Trisets Upper body
Athletic Training
Trisets Lowerbody + Turbobarre leg conditioning
Afterburn
Trisets Upper Body
Slide and Glide

Unless I hear from Cathe, of course!

Oh great I can use XTrain :D I'll probably swap some of the 4DS for some of the Xtrain (just for variety).

My plan for the 2 weeks of LIS is:
Trisets Upper body
Afterburn
Trisets Lower body + turbobarre leg conditioning
Low Impact Challenge
Trisets Upper Body
CardioSupersets

Trisets Upper body
Athletic Training
Trisets Lowerbody + Turbobarre leg conditioning
Afterburn
Trisets Upper Body
Slide and Glide

Unless I hear from Cathe, of course!

Justine, I will do the rotation with the 4DS:D The 4DS are my all time favorite Cathe series. I didn't had time to go through all the links that Natalie posted, I will have to read through it this weekend. I am looking at your 2 week LIS, why are you doing 2 upper body workouts in a week? Today I will finish my 3.5 month STS rotation. I will take a week recovery (not really, I still have a week left of P90X3), than I will do the GS rotation for a month. Than do the LIS for 2 weeks.

Belinda - I planned on 2x upper body, simply because I'm used to hitting my upper body twice a week :eek: I may do it as shoulder, back and biceps one day, then chest and triceps the other. I'd like to work on my shoulders and chest a bit more. Also I usually do legs with heavy weights once a week and then a second leg workout with medium weights/plyo (like Cardio Leg Blast etc)for a second leg day.

I'd not thought any further than that!

Gym Styles are about my favourite 'traditional' weights workouts. How are you planning on doing them?

Justine, got it:D Well, I don't know how I will use them? I just finished the 3.5 month STS rotation. Next week I will finish the P90X3 week 13 rotation, which will be my active recovery week from STS;) I plan on taking a week of P90X3, than start the Lean rotation with my husband. I will let you know, once I figure it all out. So far, STS and P90X3 worked well together.

Justine, for the 4 week of Gym Style. I will do Cathe's Dec 06' Fat Loss & Strength Building rotation. I will work my legs twice a week GS legs and B&G.. I couldn't do Cathe's Jan 2014 rotation, I don't have Cathe's latest series. Last week I finished the P90X3 Classic 13 week rotation. This week I will take a week off from P90X3, next week I will start the P90X3 Lean rotation. So, how are you using LIS for the next 2 weeks? I guess, I have to plan that one out soon:eek:

BTW, I love the Gym Styles!. Did GS legs today and my legs are shaking from the ball/band workouts:D

Dec '06 looks like a good rotation. Enjoy!
I hear you on the Gym Style legs - I get wobbly legs like no other workout!
I've just done 2 days of LIS rotation (see previous post). I think I'm really going to like hitting my muscles in a different way - LIS Trisets is just so different from what I've been doing in the last few months. If I remember correctly the LIS really hits the inner legs hard. Can't wait! Sort of :confused:

PS I did try to save my LIS rotation - I hope you cn see it in the workout manager

Justine. glad you liking the LIS:D And yes, they work your muscles in different ways;) When I do the 2 week of LIS rotation, I think I will do/add some premixes:eek: Just to shake things up. I also have to work around P90X3. I can't see your rotation in the WM, unless I download it:eek: Have fun with your rotation.:D

Hi Mariposa!
I was planning on doing HiiT 2x per week, 2x MMA, 1x step and then 1 other.

I'm currently doing the month of 4DS - experimenting with how best to do those!

Good luck

I need shockcardio rotation if any one has please, Thank yiu

Hi Mariposa, I ask Cathe on FB on how to use the Shock Cardio. I was a little confused on how to use them too. Here is what she said:

The Shock cardio is all cardio on purpose. It considered the recovery weeks from all the weight workouts. Use it however you want to in any order. The point is to NOT weight train during that period so your muscles recover and get stronger.

I was gonna sneak in a weight workout:eek: Glad I ask Cathe;)

I'm currently doing the Gym Style, I am finishing up week 3.

Hope this helps!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.