Body Pump

I do Body Pump once a week as a change-up from regular weights which I do 3X a week. As a guy I find the bar too short for doing chest. The weights bang my elbows on the negative movement and the closer grip seems to put more stress on my shoulders. Do you think they'll ever provide longer bars for people with broader shoulders? By the way, your class is awesome!

Wow, I have to say, I'm jealous too! I also live in california, so cathe's tapes are the closest I'll ever come too. Unless she goes on tour :)

Have you tried cathe's Power Hour tape yet? It's somewhat like Body Pump, and a really great workout. I've never taken a Body Pump class, but can't you substitute a barbell that is long enough for you? Just wondering.

marnie

No Fair!

Joining the jealous crowd!!! Unfortunately, the only time I got to stop by Cathe's place, she was out of town. :-( I am from Ohio but I do plan to make the trip out there again some day! I was thinking the same thing as Marnie about just using a normal barbell but I guess that could get heavy carrying your own back & forth to class. (that would account for a great warm-up!) Does Cathe have the regular sized ones in another workout room in her gym? Just an idea. The body pump bars ARE small. Have fun and think of all us jealous people out here next time you get to exercise with Cathe in person!! :7

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

RE: No Fair!

Everyone,
Don't feel so bad! I live in New York and it might as well be California because I couldn't make it there. LOL
Thank Goodness For Videos!!!!
Maria :)

RE: Longer Bar

Have you considered investing in your own bar and bringing it to class? I know some guys in my body pump class ordered longer bars and bring their own...I think from Weider, not sure.
Just a thought.

Hi and nice to hear from you here on the forum. I can't make out from your screen name which member you are. I will be calling Body Pump tomorrow regarding some questions and I will be sure to ask what they would recommend for this situation being that they do not allow equipment other than their own in these classes without their approval. See you in class!

Hi Cathe,

I got lots of suggestions from other members about what to do about using a longer bar. I know Body Pump is picky about using other kinds of equipment. And the suggestions about using a regular weightlifting bar might work, but I think they'd be too heavy for the 100X reps we do on the bench press. Plus the weights BP used wouldn't fit on those bars. So I'll be waiting to hear your response after you talk to the people at BP!

So who am I? I only do BP once a week, and to be honest, I do try to get you, but my schedule doesn't always allow it. I've been doing BP since it started at 4 Seasons. You'll also see me in the weight room, and on the treadmills.
A little mystery is fun!

S.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.