Beginner and Intermediate Rotations

khiway

Cathlete
Question for Cathe,

Cathe can you post a beginner/intermediate rotation along with your advanced rotations? Your rotations mostly targets your Advanced Exercisers which excludes the beginners and intermediate exercisers. This can be very discouraging when only advanced rotations are post by you.

--Kimberly C

Thanks Colleen for posting those rotations. Most of the beginners/intermediates already know about the Basic Step/Body Fusion Rotation and most of us have done that rotation. The weight workouts
are actually okay for beginners/intermediates because you can always adjust the weights. It's basically the Advanced Cardio workouts (Imax, Hardcore Extreme, Terminator, etc). I see there is a rotation from 2004 and 2005 that uses short cycles but how come we can't get a rotation like that every month like the advance exercisers? We want to get excited about waiting to see what the next months rotation is also so we can do it. When the rotations are posted I know that they are not for me (beginner/intermediate). PLEASE DON'T LEAVE US OUT! WE LOVE YOU TOO!!

--Kimberly C

Hi Kimberly,

You can always modify the advanced rotations. I did this when I was pregnant last time and it worked out quite nicely. I just lowered my weights, lowered my step ( in my last month, I used the step without risers), and didn't jump on any of the high impact moves. Also, if the rotation was like the Jan. 2006 rotation, I would usually eliminate something and do just 60 minutes, not 90.

Good Luck and HTH's

Becky

I guess I will have to make up my own rotation but it would've been nice if Cathe did monthly rotations for the beginners and intermediates exercisers just like the advanced exercisers.

--Kimberly C

I have had months of injury (non Cathe related )Oct. and Nov... herniated toe ( long story ) and then just when I was getting back into the groove in Dec. I had food poisoning on Christmans Eve followed by the worst case of the flu with major congestion and coughing and I was very sick for 3 weeks.

Thanks for asking about a beg/int rotation. I need it now but I also agree that you don't have to rule out other Cathe workouts.

I had to lower my step and cut my weights in half starting Jan.9th. and start out again just like I did as a beginner. Very humbling. When I don't have the cardio on Cathes current rotation I march in place.

I just noticed today doing Imax 3 without a riser that there were a few combo's I had been doing wrong when I was in my max shape. It has been good to slow down and work on placement and really learn the steps.

Anyway. We are all on a journey of fitness and I just had to eat humble pie this past fall and winter and thank you again for asking for beg/int. rotation links.

Good Luck. We are in this journey together.

Colleen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.