anaerobic threshold

cathykazbar

Cathlete
Hi Cathe,
I am new to your workouts and just got your IMAX 2/Cardio Weights DVD today. I just did IMAX 2 and I am so impressed by the workout! I am looking forward to trying the other workout! I also have a question ... in the IMAX 2 workout you mention the term "anaerobic threshold" ... can you please explain this term to me? Again thanks for a super workout!
Cathy

I am very interested in this question too. I noticed that on the screen there are 3 sets of numbers for poor, moderate, and good.. what exactly are you looking for in those numbers and how do you judge yourself to see where you are at.
Your help is much apprecaited!!

Thank you for the information. They mentioned a corresponding heart rate ... do you know anything about this? Thanks!

Working Anaerobically means working w/out oxygen. So...if you are at your anaerobic threshold....you are working extremely hard and your body is demanding more oxygen than your body can provide it. This would not be able to be sustained for a long period of time. So, it doesn't hurt to reach the threshold...just maintaining it would be painful!

Corrosponding heartrate while working at the anerobic threshold, this would mean...your heartrate is really high and close to or above your max of 85% of your max heartrate. To calculate your max heartrate would be 220-your age. To get your range of working out close to your max you multiply that answer by 85%. And of course that would be for the advanced exerciser. Your range should be between 55%-85% to be in the fat burning zone.

Did that help a little???

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.