To all those going on the Cathe trip

lwseymour

Cathlete
I hope you ladies have the time of your life!! I can't even imagine taking a live Cathe class. How exciting!
On Monday, will you guys please fill us in with the exciting details? I would so love to hear about the trip.
Good luck
Lisa

Same goes for me!

I was supposed to be on this trip but had to cancel at the last minute (husband's 40th birthday...trust me, it was a TOUGH decision! lol)

Anyway, can't wait to hear from everyone and see all the pictures!

Terri

YES!

Have a GREAT time! You are all sooo lucky. Give that cute lil' Eric a big hug from all his Aunties! We'll be anxious to hear all about the fun you had! Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH :)

From another dropout

I was so excited to get off of the waiting list a couple weeks ago, but got a cold while on a business trip to CA. I flew home Wed night and had horrible ear pain, after the flight I couldn't hear out of either ear. Thursday morning, the doctor said I had almost ruptured my right ear drum and that I have fluid in both ears. I am on antibiotics now and feel pretty bad. I had to cancel on the trip yesterday and I am bummed. Oh well, there will be other trips and I just need to rest. I hope everyone who is going has a great time! Maybe I'll get to see the action on the Cathe Cam!

Tracy R.

From another dropout -- :-(

I'll be thinking of you all while I'm dragging my sorry you-know-what around on crutches doing yet another set of quad sets and straight leg raises. I, too, will tune in to the Cathe cam and try not to be too blue. :(

Hey Kimberly...

Are you still recovering from knee surgery, or has something else happened? Either way, WOW, you poor thing! Why the crutches?

Knee surgery - a fun hobby for all ages

Kathy--
(BTW -- beautiful post on the DVD thread above)

This was another surgery, but this time it's my left leg, and believe me, it makes my July surgery on my right leg comparable to getting your legs waxed. This time I had a cartilage graft on an old defect from two arthroscopies back in the early 90s. My doctor grafted some cartilage from a non-weight-bearing section of my femur onto the weight-bearing section. My job is stay off it for the next five weeks. I was doing a great job until I slipped on a wet floor in Walgreen's last night and now I'm terrified that I've undone all the work my doctor did. (In all likelihood it's fine, but I'm still really upset about it.)

My rehab routine is limited to quad tightening, straight leg raises and range of motion exercises. Next week, my incision will be healed sufficiently that I can start aquatherapy with an aqua belt -- running and bicycling in deep water. I'll keep that up until I become weight-bearing in early December, and then take up more rigorous physical therapy. I'm going to try to fit in weekly massages to help that area heal and keep the scar tissue to a minimum.

I'm hoping to get some upper body stuff back in my routine next week, too. I think I'm getting plenty of upper body work hauling myself around on crutches, but I'm itching to pump some biceps! Can't wait for CTX so I'll have some variety.

Thanks for asking. I feel like such a wannabe haunting these forums these days, but it does keep me optimistic!

Hopefully, next year...

....we can be the ones giving the report! I want to go next year!!!!!!!!!!!! My Sweetie Pie thinks Deb H looks like Cathe, so you and Cathe can have a "separated at birth" picture taken if we can go. ;-) Can't wait! :-jumpy

Wow!

You've been through a LOT! :-wow!! Sorry to hear about your fall . Hope everything is okay. That is great that you can start the water therapy next week. Good Luck with your rehab. You will love the CTX upper body tapes. Hang in there Kimberly. Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH :)

Well HB...

..if that isn't the nicest compliment I've had in ages!! Thank your Sweetie Pie. Now I need to hit those new tapes so I can start to achieve a body somewhat close to Cathe's! NOT!!! We just might have to start thinking about the roadtrip next year. Erica, want to come along? Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.