About the Spam Problem Today

SNM Videos

Administrator
As you probably already know we had a severe Spam problem on our site today. The attack is coming from spammers located in Russia and is affecting not only us, but forum boards all over the world. We have been fighting this all day and have already launched several defensive measures that are helping to reduce the problem, but we still have a way to go before we can say we have totally defeated these attacks. We will probably have more problems tonight based on the pattern we and others have seen from the spammers. If the problem continues we will launch more defensive counter measures tomorrow.

As you probably already know we had a severe Spam problem on our site today. The attack is coming from spammers located in Russia and is affecting not only us, but forum boards all over the world. We have been fighting this all day and have already launched several defensive measures that are helping to reduce the problem, but we still have a way to go before we can say we have totally defeated these attacks. We will probably have more problems tonight based on the pattern we and others have seen from the spammers. If the problem continues we will launch more defensive counter measures tomorrow.

Guess this is a modern version of a war between the US and RUssia?;)

Guess this is a modern version of a war between the US and RUssia?;)

LOL! That's funny Kathryn. They're going to spam us to death.

(Sorry! I guess it's not that funny for SNM having to deal with the spam. I just couldn't help myself;)

Thanks for looking into this, Chris. :) It's annoying but it's something all on-line communities have to deal with, I guess. :confused:

So far, so good today, though, so you must have done a great job blocking them. Thanks again!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.