ab flab

hi, im 15 and i have been doin weights since i was 13, yoga a year and1/2 ago, cardio interval training and pilates. Im very happy with my body but i just cant seem to lose the fat around my stomach and middle back, i eat all whole wheat foods, organic and every thing, but what am i doing wrong?

Could just be fat(e)! Seriously, for some people it's a tiny lump of fat on the belly, for others its the outer thigh (me :)), for others it's up on top of the hip or the back of the upper arm. We do not have total control of our body fat. One last bit of fat on an otherwise healthy trim person is the ideal candidate for liposuction. Even when I was anorexic, obsessively exercising and definitely underweight, I had an ugly handful of dimpled fat on each "saddlebag". This might just be something you can't get rid of and worrying about it could make you crazy.

My goodness! You're 15!!!! Study hard, have fun and quit worrying about ab flab! Your body will do a lot of changing in the next 5 years or so on its own. Work out enough to stay healthy, then ENJOY LIFE. YOU'LL ONLY BE A TEENAGER ONCE!!!

Dear Xx0michi0xX,
I agree with Kim Roberts! Don't worry about this at all. Your body is not done developing yet at age 15 by any means. At that age I still had baby fat everywhere even though I ran track, played tennis and was very active! Just enjoy being young right now. And please disregard any thoughts that may have been put in your head about liposuction. You obviously take care of yourself and are eating healthfully, so just enjoy yourself and have fun!
Cruncholi

I agree. At 15 I was a pudgy one. Please don't get too obsessive over it. Keep up a healthy way of eating and keep exercising. It will go away....promise. Don't even start thinking about lipo and all that other stuff either. I know 15 seems like you're pretty on up there in years but to your body, you are just now becoming a woman. You are on the right track. Keep it up :)

I am relatively lean and pretty fit, but I have always had a "gut". It's just where my body keeps it's fat store. I have tried to will to the chest area and I have no rear end. But, no way, it's the tummy for me. You are young and clean living. Embrace your body. Love that tummy and keep up the good work!

I have to agree with others -- don't worry about a bit of fat right now! Your body will change and grow for several more years, and what you look like now may not be what you end up with after your body has finished all its changes. I've found that even at my slimmest, I have a little roundness at the stomach; that's just how I am.

Besides, I had a long ago boyfriend tell me that he found a bit of roundness at the stomach sexy! My husband has no problems with my non-flat abs -- I'm an attractive, healthy, happy person who just happens to have a little bit of roundness at the stomach :)

Eileen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.