2 Questions

Hi Cathe,

I've noticed in most of your videos you always mention to step off the bench toe, ball, heel. Can you tell me (I know it may be a dumb question) but what comes in order to step onto the bench? Also why after such a long period of doing crunches do my elbows start to hurt and stiffen? Thanks Cathe.

Hi Candy!

When stepping onto the step you should step up heal, ball, toe.

While I can't say for sure why your arms are stiffening during crunches, it may simply be due to arm fatigue. When your arms are in one position for a long period of time, they can get fatigued and start to ache(just like back in the days of going to school, when you would raise your hand for an extended period of time and your arm would feel tight from being held up in the air for so long). Also, this crunch position has your arms very stretched and extended. If your flexibility is limited in this position, your arms will fatigue much sooner. To help eliminate some fatigue, you can alternate putting either your right hand or your left hand across your chest (while the other remains behind your head)during crunches. Good Luck and hope you are feeling better.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.