Sooo, what's YOUR rotation?

L Sass

Cathlete
Between now and the RT - which, not that I'm wishing away my summer, is a mere 15 weeks away. Any fitness goals between now and then? STS? Running races? Events for a cause (the Komen 3-day eg)? Do tell. For me - I need to drop pounds - so I'll be mixing up my lifting approach and doing some serious cardio!

Hi Lorrie,

First, let me say that you look amazing in your competition pics! :eek: I can't imagine you needing to drop pounds. :D

I just completed STS and was able to drop 17 lbs during the rotation. I'll be mixing things up for a bit as well. I'd still like to lose about 5 more pounds and then focus on learning how to live there and keep it off. This is the second time that I've lost most of this weight and I don't want to do it again. :confused:

Hi Lorrie,

First, let me say that you look amazing in your competition pics! :eek: I can't imagine you needing to drop pounds. :D

I just completed STS and was able to drop 17 lbs during the rotation. I'll be mixing things up for a bit as well. I'd still like to lose about 5 more pounds and then focus on learning how to live there and keep it off. This is the second time that I've lost most of this weight and I don't want to do it again. :confused:

Wow! 17 pounds, that is amazing. I still have not taken the STS plunge. All of my weight workouts are full body, except for Pyramids. I am hoping to get STS for Christmas maybe.

I was wondering this myself. What do the "seasoned" road trippers do or suggest in prep. for the big event?

FYI: Butts and Guts is on sale this week and I do not have it. Should I get it? Come on enablers, justify it for me ;).

Kristin

I was wondering this myself. What do the "seasoned" road trippers do or suggest in prep. for the big event?

FYI: Butts and Guts is on sale this week and I do not have it. Should I get it? Come on enablers, justify it for me ;).

Kristin

I'm wondering the same thing...RT prep and whether to take the B&G plunge!!

As far as fitness goals in the next 3 mos, I need to lose about 20 more pounds. Not that this will get done in 3 mos but that is my ultimate goal. I just finished STS 2 weeks ago and now I'm doing a circuit-style rotation that I made for myself during the next month. I might just do some user-created rotations until the RT and then I will pick up STS again. I'm also trying to get into running to tone my legs and build my endurance. Sat afternoon I ran/walked 6 miles. It was great to be able to workout outside again now that the weather is warmer!

Rotation? I'm suppose to be doing a rotation?, LOL

Not to highjack the thread but I just wanted to make sure that the newbies don't feel threatened by Road Trip prep talk.
I know we all feel we need to look or feel a certain way for the road trip and that is perfectly normal, but do not let it overwhelm you. Word of advice to anyone out there who may feel intimidated that they are not going to fit into a particular category, fitness or size wise, please do not feel that way. Everyone comes from different levels, shapes and sizes, and one of the great things about RTs is you can go at your own pace. I went to Daytona's after having shingles so I had not worked out in weeks and had no endurance. I still had a great time and just modified the workout or stopped to take pictures as needed during the workouts.

Now back to the point of the thread.
As for what I'm doing right now, I started STS up again and am trying to get back to working out consistently because from January to March I kind of fell off the wagon and had no desire to get back on. Hopefully by July, I will be back to where I want to be, but if not, I know I will still have a fabulous time at the Road Trip.

Jean

Hi Lorrie,

WOW!! That is fantastic! (were you in the BL at FYY?...just checked...yup...I just voted for ya!) that's wonderful!!!

I just finished STS...it was my 2nd time for the strength rotation but of course the first time with the STS cardio.

I'm not looking to lose weight, although if I lost a few pounds, I wouldn't complain. I did lose probably 2 or 3, and I went on a 9 day Caribbean Cruise from March 12-21 and actually lost 2 pounds...(worked out every day...) but losing weight isn't my motivation for working out anyway.

I swim 2,500 yards and run 2 miles every morning (5x a week) at the YMCA, (yes did STS on top of that)...and I just started a Brazil Butt lift rotation last week. After that....I will go into Cathe mode again...but I'm not sure exactly what it will be.

Rhondalyn, I am really looking forward to meeting you after all these online years!

The voice of experience - "Jean"

Rotation? I'm suppose to be doing a rotation?, LOL

Not to highjack the thread but I just wanted to make sure that the newbies don't feel threatened by Road Trip prep talk.
I know we all feel we need to look or feel a certain way for the road trip and that is perfectly normal, but do not let it overwhelm you. Word of advice to anyone out there who may feel intimidated that they are not going to fit into a particular category, fitness or size wise, please do not feel that way. Everyone comes from different levels, shapes and sizes, and one of the great things about RTs is you can go at your own pace. I went to Daytona's after having shingles so I had not worked out in weeks and had no endurance. I still had a great time and just modified the workout or stopped to take pictures as needed during the workouts.

Now back to the point of the thread.
As for what I'm doing right now, I started STS up again and am trying to get back to working out consistently because from January to March I kind of fell off the wagon and had no desire to get back on. Hopefully by July, I will be back to where I want to be, but if not, I know I will still have a fabulous time at the Road Trip.

Jean

What wonderful experienced RT advice Jean. Sure we want to be our best when meeting Cathe (especially the first time), however, NO ONE judges you! It's a wonderful time to workout with friends old and new and just have fun!

Part of the preparation for the NJ RT is just getting to know more gals that are coming and workout together here before gathering together with Cathe (which is totally awesome :cool:). There's excitement and things just seem to flow, you find your groove and you just zone with her. Something you don't know now but your workout at home will never be the same again - you will always have the RT experiences with you and whether it's a particular move or "song" it all comes whooshing back - talk about endorphin rush :eek:

Here's trivia for you, at the Daytona RT, Saturday evening we took a group photo, everyone gathers, then Cathe joins...just before she came in the DJ was queued to play the Pina Colada song - it was great. ;)

Name that workout! Hint, she wore pigtails did SUMO's and the phrase JUMP! I know you're tired but JUMP Higher! was used .... :rolleyes:

Here's trivia for you, at the Daytona RT, Saturday evening we took a group photo, everyone gathers, then Cathe joins...just before she came in the DJ was queued to play the Pina Colada song - it was great. ;)

Name that workout! Hint, she wore pigtails did SUMO's and the phrase JUMP! I know you're tired but JUMP Higher! was used .... :rolleyes:

IMAX 2????

Getting ready for RT/Summer

During the spring, summer and fall, I participate in a few cycling events such as the 5 Boro ride in NY and the Seagull Century in MD. I also moutain bike with my friends on the weekends. Doing these things can be quite difficult if your carrying extra weight and your conditioning is poor.

I let myself really slip over the winter months and I need to get back in shape. The RT is a good motivator to get started with a fitness/dietary program. I'm starting an STS strength rotation that should end by the time of the road trip.

Although you don't have to do this to have fun at the RT, I'd like to be able to keep up with the rest of the ladies this time. ;)

Kevin

I remember that. :) Yes that was great!! Wow, what a great trip and RT that was!!! To be honest, the 6 weeks before Daytona, I did 3 days cardio/3 days total body.....up until the day before I left.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.