Please Help! Workout Blender Never Works.

Hello:
I'm having serious problems with the workout blender and have been for months. I have not been able to compile a single video using the workout blender. This is extremely upsetting, since I own 95% of Cathe's downloads and DVDs. Since I've spent hundreds of dollars so that I can use the workout blender to mix and match my own videos - its distressing that I've never been able to compile a single video.

I have tried several times to create a video. Since I know it can take hours to compile a video I've done "test" runs by putting together a title of one DVD and the FBI warning of another. That's only about 25 seconds of video but the blender never finishes it. I have left it to run through the night and got no where. It immediately says that its 10% through but never moves from that point. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the blender numerous times to no avail.

I just don't know what to do. I feel as though I've wasted so much money for a feature I can't use! Please help!

Thank you.

Hi dimples041,

We can start to troubleshoot with some basic information from you. Can you let us know:
  • What operating system you are using including the version number.
  • If you are using the currently available version of the Workout Blender available here: Workout Blender by Cathe Friedrich
  • If you have tried completely un-installing and then re-installing as outlined here (which includes deleting invisible files, restarting, etc.): http://cathe.com/forum/2062906-post1.html
With this information, we can start the process of getting things working for you.

Sorry for the delayed response. I am currently running Windows 8 Version 6.2 (build 9200.) I have had this problem while using Windows 7 as well. I have completely uninstalled the workout blender program and its hidden files as well as adobe air. I manually installed adobe air from the adobe website and redownloaded the latest workout blender install from the link you posted. Upon reinstalling I and importing my videos (which imported successfully,) I still got stuck at 10% progress when trying to blend a workout regardless of how long the total workout is (37 seconds vs 45 minutes.)

I am also having this problem. I am running Windows 7, version 6.1.7601, Service Pack 1. I am using the latest version of WB, having just downloaded it for the first time a couple of days ago. I have not yet tried the fix you linked to, but I will do so to see if it helps.

I tried to make a 4DS HIS cardio only mix, and mine also gets stuck at 10%. I have let it sit on my computer for hours, and it never moves. I've also tried rebooting the computer and starting over with the same result.

UPDATE: I followed the instructions in the link, and I was able to make a test workout. Yay!

Except the workout causes itunes to crash when I try to play it. I've restarted my computer, deleted the file and re-loaded it, etc, but it will not play. It plays in Quicktime, it plays in Windows Media Player, and it plays in VLC media player, but not itunes. It also plays fine on my iphone 4S. I haven't tried it on any other devices yet.

This is probably good enough for my purposes, since I will most likely play it from a laptop which has the other media players on it, but it is a bit frustrating that it won't play in itunes.

Last edited:
Well jodijodi, I'm glad that the solution in the link worked for you. Though it seems you have come into other problems now with iTunes. But, at least you have progress and can now create your own mixes.

I, on the other hand, still have had no progress. It is extremely frustrating that I have hundreds of digital downloads of Cathe's workout (as well as nearly all her DVD's) and still can not use the blender.

I'm a uber fan of Cathe and am itching to preorder her new DVD's but I refuse to do so until I can find a way to get the blender to work. I don't want to invest anymore money in a feature I can't seem to get to work.

I really hope to get more feedback soon and finally get this problem resolved.

Hello dimples041,

This 10% bug seems to be affecting users on both Windows 7, 8 and Mac. We are investigating the problem and believe it has something to do with recent Adobe AIR or system updates. Sorry we don't have a better answer at this time, but we are actively working on the issue to get it resolved. I will let everyone know when we have a revised version of the Blender available for download. Thanks for your patience.

WB Won't Open

I can't even get it to open anymore. It freezes on the screen that says: Do not move your original video file...

I have Windows 7. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling using the current link provided.

Last edited:
I can't even get it to open anymore. It freezes on the screen that says: Do not move your original video file...

I have Windows 7. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling using the current like provided.

Hi Nancy,

Try to uinstalling following instruction about how to delete cathe's folder located in cache. It did work for me.

All the best,

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.