High Reps, LBB - IPOD

MicheleZ

Cathlete
I have a 160 gig IPOD classic (6th generation) and the new workouts will not transfer to the IPOD. I get the following message "High Reps" was not copied to the iPod because it cannot be played on this iPod. I was able to tranfer Travel Fit and any of my workouts that I blended but not High Reps or Lower Body Blast. I have not purchased any other workouts to test at this time but I am assuming since Travel Fit worked that it has something to do with the new workouts? Is this being fixed? I searched for a post about this but couldn't find anything.

Are you trying to sync from iTunes to an iPod or are you trying to drag one of the new workouts into the WB?

Trying to drag and drop the video from iTunes to the iPod - it worked with Travel Fit but not the other two.

Are you sure you have a classic iPod? It sounds like you have a 5G, not a classic iPod. The iPod names are very confusing and we've learned from the past that a lot of people who think they have a classic, really have the older 5g iPod. If this is the case you will need to contact customer service to have special download links sent to you that will work on a 5G.

FYI: The probable reason for your problem is that the legacy 5G iPod can not handle the higher resolution's of the new workouts. We're no longer supporting 5G ipods, but we can send you links this time that will allow you play the new workouts on a 5G iPod.

Unless my research is incorrect, the 160 gig iPod was first offered under the classic name and 6th generation. Prior to that a 160 gig wasn't offered so it is def. not a 5th generation.

I used Wiki - it shows pictures and has a lot of detail on the iPods. However, I found an even better site (Apple) that def. confirms I have a 6th generation classic because my serial number ends in YMX.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1353#ipodclassic

You can distinguish the iPod classic from the iPod (5th generation) by the last three digits of the serial number. The iPod classic serial number's last three digits will be one of the following: Y5N, YMU, YMV, and YMX.

I used Wiki - it shows pictures and has a lot of detail on the iPods. However, I found an even better site (Apple) that def. confirms I have a 6th generation classic because my serial number ends in YMX.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1353#ipodclassic

You can distinguish the iPod classic from the iPod (5th generation) by the last three digits of the serial number. The iPod classic serial number's last three digits will be one of the following: Y5N, YMU, YMV, and YMX.

Thanks! I will take a look tonight!

Cathe Support - don't worry about looking into my iPod problem as my husband gave me his iPod Touch and everything is loading onto it.

Hi MicheleZ,

We are still looking into the problem, though, and will let you know if we come up with an answer. Thanks to your husband for the iPod Touch!

Thanks! Yes, it would be nice to know why it isn't working on my 160 gig iPod as that holds a lot more video than the 64 gig Touch he gave me - but I am not complaining because the Touch works perfectly and 64 gig isn't anything to sneeze at ;)

Curt, was there ever a solution found for this problem?

I have an 80 G Ipod Classic and just downloaded the 4 newest workouts only to experience this same problem.

eta...I also just tried to add these to my iphone (3g) and cannot get them transfer. I have no problem with other videos I have purchased....

Please let me know.

Thank you,
Jeanette

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

After some more research on this problem we have found a solution. Apparently, over the last 6 months Apple made a change in iTunes that is much more picky about a couple particular settings (the H.264 profile and level that are used during encoding, to be specific) within videos, and allowing those videos to be synced to iPods. It took a while to determine just what was causing it, and it was particularly baffling because videos that previously worked no longer would sync (we proved it to ourselves because we already had videos on our iPod Classic 160GB from when they were initially tested, but that would now no longer transfer!). The new videos will be compatible with the iPod 5G and newer.

All that being said, we have identified what we need to change and are in the process of re-encoding the videos that you are all having problems with. The first is already available for re-download, 4DaySplit Lower Intensity Step. I will post in this forum as I work through the videos and post the revised versions. All you need to do is click on your original download link that you were sent when you purchased the video to get the new file. After you are sure that you have successfully downloaded the new version, please remove the old version from your hard drive and iTunes and use only the new one. Please be patient, though, as this process is time consuming. Thank you!

4DS

Hi Curt

As requested, I've redownloaded LIS and can confirm that it's all in synch on my PC.

Many thanks

Jacqueline

I seem to be having this same issue with imax2. If you'll be posting here as videos are available re-download I'll keep checking back!

TIA
Shelby

For those interested, Imax2 has been fixed and uploaded. All you need to do is click your original download link to get the new version. Once you are finished downloading the new file, please make sure to remove the old one off of your computer.

4DaySplit Boot Camp is next up and will be completed today.

4DaySplit Boot Camp is now live. Please follow the same instructions as for iMax2 below. We will be working on 4DaySplit Kickbox next.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.