Download storage?

macbeanur

Cathlete
I have all of my Cathe downloads on my laptop (so I'll have them when I am traveling) but my laptop is now full! And it would really be so helpful if I could just move my downloads from itunes on my laptop to an external hard drive. My question is, if I remove the downloads from itunes, and then I go traveling - can I just put them back on my laptop's itune account?

thanks in advance for any help on this-

sarah

Yes I do exactly that. I keep all my downlowds on an external hard drive and only keep a few at a time on Itunes.

Thank-you SOOOO much for letting me know that I won't lose my downloads if I move them to my external harddrive!!!! You are a life saver!

Just wanted to confirm that yes, this is possible and works fine. Plus, it is always a good idea to store your downloaded files on another hard drive as a backup just in case the inevitable happens!

N.B. In iTunes on the last panel of the preferences ("Advanced"), make sure that "Copy files to iTunes Media folder when adding to library" is checked. This will leave the original copy of the video file in its current location (your external drive) and duplicate it into the iTunes library. If this is unchecked, it will move the file, deleting the original.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.