Cardio Core Circuit - MERCY!! UNCLE!!!

spyrosmom

Cathlete
Dear god, make it stop!!!! OMG, that was hard. Thought I was gonna die halfway thru the 1st round. I think round 3 and 5 were the easiest, but it was all tough, tough, tough. I will admit I didn't do the side twisty pushup things, I was pooped, so just did regular pushups. I can't do the roll back and pop up onto my feet thing, either. It was a roll back, try to get up, and fall on my butt;):eek: At least my backside has plenty of cushion:p It felt like my legs were too long to get under me or something. But it was fun trying. Also couldn't do the last core section, with the roll back and over and into the pushup. My feet keep geting in the way in the transition from the roll to the pushup. I think I may move the mat out of the way and try it on the floor. My shoes were getting stuck on the mat and it was bunching up and getting me all jumbled up. I swear some of these exercises are easier for shorter people. Not so many bits and pieces to get in the way.

It was fun, and tough. I look forward to doing it again, but need to get thru the rest of the new DVDs before I repeat anything.

Nan

Dear god, make it stop!!!! OMG, that was hard. Thought I was gonna die halfway thru the 1st round. I think round 3 and 5 were the easiest, but it was all tough, tough, tough. I will admit I didn't do the side twisty pushup things, I was pooped, so just did regular pushups. I can't do the roll back and pop up onto my feet thing, either. It was a roll back, try to get up, and fall on my butt;):eek: At least my backside has plenty of cushion:p It felt like my legs were too long to get under me or something. But it was fun trying. Also couldn't do the last core section, with the roll back and over and into the pushup. My feet keep geting in the way in the transition from the roll to the pushup. I think I may move the mat out of the way and try it on the floor. My shoes were getting stuck on the mat and it was bunching up and getting me all jumbled up. I swear some of these exercises are easier for shorter people. Not so many bits and pieces to get in the way.

It was fun, and tough. I look forward to doing it again, but need to get thru the rest of the new DVDs before I repeat anything.

Nan

I have a mish-mosh of Cardio Core Circuit cardio-only premix coupled with 40/20 planned for tomorrow night, then the core-only CCC premix. Wish me luck! thanks for the review!

A-Jock

I just did this one too!! Yes, it was tough!!! It makes the Imax's not look so tough anymore.

For the drop, rock and jumps I did the modification the first round because I couldn't get up either but the next round I rolled back on to my step. That made it work. I just had to be careful that when I rolled forward and jumped I cleared the board:p.

The last core section, I just did crunches because I couldn't do them either. I was way too tired at that point (BTW-I am only 5ft-my height didn't help me any:confused:)

I need to wear my HR monitor next time. I am curious how high my HR got up. I think I maxed out in a few spots.

Cathe-I am lovin' this series.

chrissy

Sounds like my experience too. I was like "yeah right" during the whole thing -especially the cardio - and then by the end of the final round for those rollback-pushup core exercises I was dead and just did crunch-pulses.. I, uh, thought I was in good shape. Um, no. I guess not :( :( :( Definitely worth a try again though.

I have a mish-mosh of Cardio Core Circuit cardio-only premix coupled with 40/20 planned for tomorrow night, then the core-only CCC premix. Wish me luck! thanks for the review!

A-Jock

I did 40/20 the other day, and CCC is def harder than 40/20. Good luck and have fun!

Nan

Oh Nan, thanks for this post!

And thank you for saying CCC is harder than 40/20! I've yet to try any of the Hiits, and I was scared since CCC kicked my butt!

I did Cardio Core Circuit yesterday and experienced MANY of the same issues you did . I did do some roll backs, but had to do them at my own pace, and didn't do near as many as Cathe!.. Also, I maybe ONCE cleared the mat on the double jump overs. I found the cardio made most of the core work very hard for me, but I did try and try again. I thought later maybe it would be cool to try tacking on the all core premix (7 minutes) at the end, after I was semi-rested.

YOUR POST CRACK ME UP!

NAN: thanks for your post! I haven't gotten my Shock Cardio yet and I can't wait to get these and try this workout. I will thinking of you when I do this workout! :D

A-Jock: Do you have a rotation planned out already with these new dvds? I certainly would like to see it and do it with you. Could you please post it or have you done so somewhere? Let me know, please! THANKS:D

Gloria

AJock,

I used to love doing your Mishmoshes! I read Cathe's response to one of your posts about Hiit that also mentioned your mishmoses. If you don't mind, will you please post whatever you have planned for the shock cardio series? That 40/20/CCC Mishmosh seems really interesting.

Fitness Friend,

Teals

Isn't that workout just delicious? I did it yesterday had such a feeling of achievement to get through it. Cathe and the girls make it look so easy that I just feel I have to keep up with them!

OMG!

Those were my thoughts exactly. I did this one earlier today and thought of those people who questioned whether you could get a good workout in such a short period of time - I don't think they had tried Cardio Core Circuit yet.

Not sure about my body, but I know I was in shock after this one :D!

OMG so glad it's not just me!

I was so glad to read your post about cardio core. I couldn't get up from the roly poly things either; l'm going to try your modification using the step. And that last cardio exercise just wasn't gonna happen for me. I still have to do pushups on my knees (I know what a weakling). I just stayed in a plank position and did a yoga thing where you just twist your knee under your body; hits your obliques nicely.

For real!

I was sucking wind from start to finish on this one! I, too, was thinking a great workout couldn't be had in 45-50 minutes (as most of these workouts are), but I certainly had my butt kicked!!!

YAY CATHE!!!

Wow, this string scares me ;-) I haven't tried Shock Cardio yet, as much as I want to! This seems like the scariest of the bunch! Cathe put on her evil witch hat for this one, it sounds like ;-) Bring it on!!

NAN: thanks for your post! I haven't gotten my Shock Cardio yet and I can't wait to get these and try this workout. I will thinking of you when I do this workout! :D

A-Jock: Do you have a rotation planned out already with these new dvds? I certainly would like to see it and do it with you. Could you please post it or have you done so somewhere? Let me know, please! THANKS:D

Gloria

Hi, Gloria, and thanks for your kind words! I really never follow rotations; nothing against them but they're just not my thing. I am slowly developing my impending mish-mosh roll-outs, however. I was a bit stymied because the my copy of the workout DVD I wanted to start with - HiiT - has a glitch and I am waiting for a replacement as I write this. (THANKS, SNM CUSTOMER SERVICE!) I'll let you know when I come up with other mish-moshes!

A-Jock

A Jock, I should have read this before asking you about the mish moshes in the other thread. I knew you would put your spin on them. Have fun...woo hoo....you are gonna BREATHE!!!!

A-Jock

Be patient with the core work everyone! We all struggled with it initially....especially trying to do it in sync with one another, lol. Yes, the mat does curl up with you if you don't tuck those feet under tight. The tighter you draw the feet in under you, the better core contraction you get, so there is a reason for that tight tuck :) Try doing the crossed leg version as this shortens the limb distance and makes it easier. Good luck!

I'm soooo glad others have found this one as challenging as I did. You know, I did CCC thinking it would be a way to "ease" into the program (fearing the MMAs as much as I am), but this little 51-minute powerhouse kicked my A**!

I just love the way I start a new series with Cathe and I get these jaw-dropping "you've got to be kidding" moments! LOVE IT!

WOW!

I just finished this one and it's good to see that I'm not the only one that struggled. I have this picture in my head that all of your are in fantastic shape and I'm the one that is having a hard time, so thank you for posting your comments, too..

I have some push up grips that I use (not the perfect push up things, these are like 4" high) and I've been using them for the 'roll into pushup' and and the one cardio at the beginning of this where you jump twice and go into a pushup and then jumping jack 4 times... It really has been helping me to use those. I do have to keep a grip on them as I jump or roll around with them, but that little bit of height is helping a lot..

(I still laugh , though :D)

This morning I tried Cardio Core Circuit for the first time. Perhaps it's the mix of jumping around and then going right to the ground (with a brief rest in between), but I thought this workout was tougher than HiiT 30/30. Oh my gosh! Not sure when, but at one point I said, "Are you kidding me?" because Cathe and crew went right from one cardio to the next with what seemed to be no rest at all. And that last move where you roll back and go into a pushup - whoo boy! - I definitely have to work on those. The crazy thing is that this workout was fun!!! I can't wait to try it again. Props to those of you who have survived this workout!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.