Another menu request

lala1

Cathlete
It would be nice to be able to go directly to the workout menu using the "top menu" button on the remote rather than having to use "next", "next", "next" etc. This option was available on the older DVDs, but not on the last few series.

We already use both remote DVD buttons on all of our DVDs. The "Top Menu" DVD menu will always take you to the first and Main Menu screen. The other remote button "DVD Menu" (name varies depending on device) will usually take you back to the chapter menu so you can easily select the next chapter you want.

On the last few series, when the FBI warning screen comes on and I hit the "top menu" button I get a message "operation currently prohibited by disc". I would like to be able to bypass all of those messages and get right to the top menu

Skip on First Play

This is a feature that is called "skip on first play". You can currently skip the FBI warning and the Medical disclaimer and go instantly to the main menu screen on most of our older and yes even our newest XTrain DVDs.

My guess is you're hitting your "Top menu" button instead of your "DVD menu" button on your remote for our latest series. The button you need to press on your remote to skip the intro with our newest videos is the "DVD Menu" button. This may be different for older DVDs as the button you need to press may be different depending on the software used to author the DVD and the person who did the authoring. But in the majority of cases you can skip on first play by pressing one of these two buttons.

Last edited:
Lala1, that happens to me too if I push the "next" button too quickly, but only with the newer workouts like Xtrain. But if I push a second time after getting the "operation currently prohibited" message, I'm able to skip over those initial chapters. One of the things I've always appreciated about Cathe's DVDs is that you don't have to waste your time watching warnings and introductions over and over again!

Lurdes

Thanks SNM, yes, I was using "top menu" and with "menu" I get right to where I want to be!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.