30/30 is a Hit!

Soxy

Cathlete
Short on time today, but not wanting to slack off too much around the holidays here, I chose HiiT 30/30 for my workout this am. I figured I could stand anything for 30 seconds. I normally prefer the longer cardio workouts, but I totally trust Cathe. The first few rounds, I was feeling good and strong, and I started noticing the way the music changes from a slow, relaxing beat at the beginning of the 30 second rest to a fast techno-drumbeat when there are only about 10 seconds of rest left. About 11 minutes into the workout, I was starting to dread that fast little beat (LOL). This HiiT is very different from any interval training I have ever done before. After the first 12 minutes my heart rate (normally 130-140 BPM during steady state) stayed up around 160+ BPM, and it would actually get higher (into the 170's) during the first few seconds of rest. I could feel my energy level change dramatically as the workout was probably depleting my glycogen stores and pushing me close to my anaerobic threshold. About this time in the program, Cathe informs us that "even though all HiiT workouts are hard, 30/30 is your easier one". I never thought 30 seconds could feel so long (during an interval), and so short (during the rest period). I was proud I was able to keep up and complete this workout, but my legs felt like rubber bands after and even my arms were a little shaky. I paused the player, and took a few extra minutes of cool down before the stretch. The stretch was excellent with some nice new moves mixed in with some old favorites. I loved every stretch in this workout, usually I have to modify a couple. I can't wait to see what these workouts do for my body over the next few months!

My first to try as well..........all I have to say is WHOA BABY!!!! I am a sweaty mess! I did love it though!

AND CATHE SAID THIS WAS THE EASIEST ONE!!!!! OOOPS!

Deb

Same here, it went really well with my upper body workout. If this is the easy, I know the other two are going to kick butt.

30/30

I did this yesterday.......and Cathe did say this is the easiest one.

I am down right scared of 40/20......

I have done the 30/30 and the Pyramids. They are not easy by any means.....

I am really loving the HIIT videos. What a person can accomplish in 30 min or less with these videos.

I agree - I have done interval training in the past with Cathe and others, and these workouts are very different.

I did 30/30 and Gym Style Chest and Triceps. What a fun workout that was and I felt so proud of myself!

Last edited:
I tried 30/30 today, the first one of the series for me to try. I loved it!!!! It was harder than I thought it would be. Had not worked out for 2 days due to fever and sore throat. I will really love this when I'm feeling 100%. Will not try others for a few more days .Glad I made the purchase. :)

I did 30/30 tonight and it was TOUGH! When Cathe said it was the easiest, I believe I yelled at the TV, ha! Yikes, now I'm scared of the other two..........

I'm so happy you are enjoying your "easier" hiit workout, lol. Yes, I agree, that little beat that kicks in at the tail end of the rest period (when its time to set up for the next exercise) starts to feel like its coming on WAY TO FAST toward the end of the workout. I started getting anxious when I would hear it during our first few rehearsals and say "Oh come on, that was NOT 30 seconds already, it just can't be right" ) :D

Good News is it does get easier ...(but never easy :p)

I'm so happy you are enjoying your "easier" hiit workout, lol. Yes, I agree, that little beat that kicks in at the tail end of the rest period (when its time to set up for the next exercise) starts to feel like its coming on WAY TO FAST toward the end of the workout. I started getting anxious when I would hear it during our first few rehearsals and say "Oh come on, that was NOT 30 seconds already, it just can't be right" ) :D

Good News is it does get easier ...(but never easy :p)

Hah! I have to tell you that first time I did 30/30, I was sucking wind big time but after the line taps were done, I looked in the right hand corner of the screen to see how much rest time we had left thinking, okay, I *think* I can handle one more drill - but there was no timer! I thought 'did I get a faulty DVD' but then, like an angel of mercy, I heard Cathe say, "Good news, we are done." I could not believe how quickly the time went!!

I've tried eight of the Shock Cardio workouts so far and have loved all eight. They are so fun and I love that I can get in my cardio and weights (and core) in about an hour's time. :)

Denise, don't be scared. I just got my package and did all three HIIT workouts. They are great.
I will email you tonight.

Timea

Aw, thanks so much Jillybean! I miss you !!!! Glad you are shocking it and loving that ZAP! :D

Hah! I have to tell you that first time I did 30/30, I was sucking wind big time but after the line taps were done, I looked in the right hand corner of the screen to see how much rest time we had left thinking, okay, I *think* I can handle one more drill - but there was no timer! I thought 'did I get a faulty DVD' but then, like an angel of mercy, I heard Cathe say, "Good news, we are done." I could not believe how quickly the time went!!

I've tried eight of the Shock Cardio workouts so far and have loved all eight. They are so fun and I love that I can get in my cardio and weights (and core) in about an hour's time. :)

Jilly, I could have written your post! I was gasping and sooo thankful when I realized the line taps were the last interval! Whew!!! That 30 seconds where I walk around trying to catch my breathe seemed like 10 seconds! But, somehow, someway, I was able to get right back at it. LOVED the workout! It's a true winner! I cannot wait to try all other workouts!

I did 30/30 and 40/20 today - loved that I could easily make it low impact by doing my modifications. I still got a great workout.

My first SC done today! 30/30...a fantastic workout! Loved how fast it went. The fun factor was as high as my HR!:p I was a dripping mess when it ended..I knew I wouldn't be disappointed.;)

I finally tore into Shock Cardio today and tried 30/30 to start and planned to do my regular STS plyo leg workout aftwards (I'm doing the undulating rotation).

Well, first off, I can't imagine what 40/20 and pyramid is gonna look like, 30/30 was tough, I was totally sucking wind!! I agree with ya'll though, it was the FASTEST 30 minute workout ever. I'm so excited that I can fit it into my regular rotation too. I can't tell you diving into Plyo legs after was the *best* idea ever, but at least I was nice and warm for all the squats and such. ;)

Can't wait to to try the others! Cardio core looks awesome but based on what I've been reading on the forum, it's scaring me to death!!

THANK YOU again Cathe, awesome stuff as usual!

did 30/30 today...

wow! fun & tough.l i took my dog for a walk on the trails, which turned into a 2 mile hilly trail run, so when I got back I thought "well, I'm already sweaty, time for HiIT!"

usually do DWP or 40/20 but thought I'd do 30/30 for a change. I paid more attn this time since supposedly this is the "easier" one. well, it's the only one you don't get a full minute rest, AND the tuck jumps and the air jacks are one right after the other!

I really love all 3 of them and I always feel like a champ when I'm done.

wow! fun & tough.l i took my dog for a walk on the trails, which turned into a 2 mile hilly trail run, so when I got back I thought "well, I'm already sweaty, time for HiIT!"

usually do DWP or 40/20 but thought I'd do 30/30 for a change. I paid more attn this time since supposedly this is the "easier" one. well, it's the only one you don't get a full minute rest, AND the tuck jumps and the air jacks are one right after the other!

I really love all 3 of them and I always feel like a champ when I'm done.

I got these on the big sale, and finally did HIIT and I am just shooting to the moon! One thing I love about this series is the music, I'm really glad I got the whole set, even though I can't do the step ones, the HIIT and Core Cardio, and especially the MMA's really do it for me.

DirtDiva, have you done the Bonus Bag Workout? I love that short lil' workout...fun to add on to the end of another workout! Love wearing my pink boxing gloves! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.