Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum app for the iPhone, iPad or Android device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Cathe TV

Cathe TV Cathe TV is not an actual TV or cable show; it is our own web “show” that we have launched on our web site.

For those of us with heart rate monitors

This is a discussion on For those of us with heart rate monitors within the Cathe TV forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; in interval training/circuits, what ranges are we trying to hit? When we go for the break between circuits, how do ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2009, 10:59 PM
Cathlete
shanihib's Profile Fields

Question For those of us with heart rate monitors

in interval training/circuits, what ranges are we trying to hit? When we go for the break between circuits, how do we know that our heart rates are low enough? I find myself getting very winded and not quite at full power when I start a new circuit in most workouts and wondering if that is the way it is supposed to be or if I need a longer break! I figured with the science behind STS and using the 1RM calculations, there must be a target range for the cardio too.! Thanks in advance! I'm loving the workouts.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:34 PM
Cathlete
Tamrahan's Profile Fields

Send a message via AIM to Tamrahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanihib View Post
in interval training/circuits, what ranges are we trying to hit? When we go for the break between circuits, how do we know that our heart rates are low enough? I find myself getting very winded and not quite at full power when I start a new circuit in most workouts and wondering if that is the way it is supposed to be or if I need a longer break! I figured with the science behind STS and using the 1RM calculations, there must be a target range for the cardio too.! Thanks in advance! I'm loving the workouts.

This is a great question, I wonder this too. I find when doing Cathe cardio I'm practically red lining through pretty much the whole workout. Is this how it is supposed to be?

When an eel, bites your thigh, as your just, swimming by…That’s a moray
,-._,-.
/)"(/
(_o_)
ruff!!!!!!
Tami
Old 04-30-2009, 02:03 PM
Cathlete

I'd be curious about this as well. My DH just bought me a heart rate monitor and I really am clueless about all the zones.

Heather
Old 04-30-2009, 02:23 PM
Cathlete
Jazcam's Profile Fields

That a good question.

Who ever God raises up no one can push down

Old 05-10-2009, 06:38 AM
Cathlete
morningstar's Profile Fields

I find the opposite- that only interval running makes my heart rate really go up; DVD workouts, even Cathe's, rarely get me to even 80% of my max heart rate. The exception is when I go to high impact step, and that's bad for my knees.

You can't outrun a bad diet and you can't outeat bad feelings.

DO IT ANYWAY
Old 06-29-2009, 09:35 PM
Cathlete
lori254's Profile Fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuv366 View Post
potentiometer is used, such as poly carbonate resin made of synthetic resin, etc., of the stent potentiometer, terminal, shell and other materials are iron Quality materials such as electroplating and then press into and potentiometer brush is made of foreign copper-nickel alloy, which would give rise to parts such as oxidation or rust, so electric Digital devices do not contain ammonia, amines, alkali solution and aromatic hydrocarbons, ketones, halogenated hydrocarbons, such as large concentrations of chemicals in the environment Use of potentiometers can not afford to let more exposed to the environment. To extend the life of potentiometers. potentiometer on the long-term to contain ammonia, amines, alkali solution and aromatic hydrocarbons, ketones, halogenated hydrocarbons, chemicals, etc. The concentration of a large environment, carbon film film will be oxidized, it will cause noise or invalid potentiometer or the voices of change there is no law. Shell terminal, such as stent Rust, caused by noise, such as potentiometers. Brush if rust will cause noise and synchronization Potentiometers bad and so on.
Huh???????

"...Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself..." Desiderata

Old 06-30-2009, 08:42 AM
Catheite
careyben's Profile Fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by lori254 View Post
Huh???????
Well put...
Old 06-30-2009, 11:59 AM
Cathlete
christosz's Profile Fields

Send a message via MSN to christosz Send a message via Skype™ to christosz

Quote:
Originally Posted by lori254 View Post
Huh???????
Just another one of the spam posts.... just ignore it!!!

YOU CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS.
BUT YOU CAN BLOODY WELL CHARGE IT.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:54 PM
Cathlete
tsagona's Profile Fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by morningstar View Post
I find the opposite- that only interval running makes my heart rate really go up; DVD workouts, even Cathe's, rarely get me to even 80% of my max heart rate. The exception is when I go to high impact step, and that's bad for my knees.
Morningstar:

If you can do Cathe workouts without getting beyond 80% of your max heart rate you must have the strongest heart in the world. Even Cathe is breathing in such a way in some of her workouts that indicate she is beyond what I would think is 80% (KPC comes to mind). I am unable to breathe in most Cathe cardio workouts but it has certainly increased my endurance like nothing else. But good for you for being so strong. I hope I get there one day.

Tracy
Old 08-01-2009, 05:03 PM
Cathlete
amyg's Profile Fields

Interval workouts like the IMaxes are cardio based so you want to keep your HR 60-80% of your max for the step portions and ramp it up to 70-90% of your max for the blast portions.

Circuit workouts are not intervals per se; weight workouts with cardio like LIC or Cardio & Weights are what is generally thought of as a circuit workout. Your HR will likely lower during the weight portion and go up during the cardio portions but there isn't really a set range for any of it. HTH