stretch the hands

tightywhitey

This is an e-mail I sent to Cathe support. They pointed me in this direction. I am interested in this kind of product as described here:

Hello CathE,

I use some of your products in my office, stability ball and this resistance tubing (link copied here). The feature on the tubing I really like is the little strap so you can lock it into a door jam.

http://shop.cathe.com/Latex_Resistance_Toning_Tube_Red_Heavy_p/1211411.htm

I use this set up to stretch my back, arms and other places that need it so badly. I make my body into a standing ‘L’ with my back flat like a table and my arms stretched out holding onto the tubing. I can squat into it more or make any kind of adjustment to enhance different stretches in my back, neck and arms. Then I turn around and stand straight up and hold on with my arms behind me and it is a great stretch for the neck , shoulders and front of the arms.

I thought it might help to mention that I feel there is just one thing missing from this so simple yet most effective set up is the wrist, fingers, hands and as such the entire forearm. My fingers are always contracted around the handles and so the stretch does not reach it’s full potential. I am a desk jockey on the computer all day typing and I really need to open everything up and undo that unnatural typing motion.

I am writing you to simply suggest a product concept you might consider. I would like to see some kind of glove or system that allows me to get this same stretch but all the way into the hand and fingers. Maybe some material like the bands that can grip the fingers and stretch and separate them more as it expands. Or maybe a system of Chinese finger locks into a glove that stretches from the wrist. Just some ideas. I make this humble suggestion as a customer who likes your product and would like to see this kind of enhancement because I would buy it and use it I am sure. Right now to combat the carpal tunnel situation, I stretch my forearm by twisting my hand on the desk or on the ball but the nice thing about the tubing is that helps to extend the stretch all the way from my feet to…well…just my wrists right now.

It’s something to consider. If you are interested but not sure what I mean, I could send you a picture.
I could field test it for you ...?:)

Thank you

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.