Clean Ice Cream

I don't have an ice cream maker so I can't help you with those types of recipes. Do you have a high powered blender? I use my Blendtec to make ice cream in quick and easy small batches. Here's a protein ice cream recipe that is good from a blog I read occasionally (and it includes a video). Note that the recipe calls for xanthan gum and guar gum for thickening, but I don't use those. http://heathereatsalmondbutter.com/recipes/protein-ice-cream/

If you have a food processor, you can try the "banana soft serve" which is just frozen banana chunks + vanilla extract + a splash of milk processed until smooth like frozen yogurt. I really like it. I'm pretty sure frozen bananas must be the base, but you can add variety by including a handful of another frozen fruit (like strawberries), or some nut butter, or top it with chocolate chips at the end. http://www.choosingraw.com/this-post-will-change-your-life/

Even though those recipes are yummy, I still want an ice cream maker! :eek:

Well I have one for raw Popsicles? Will that work? It's easy. Raw Whole Popsicles..... 2 avocados, 2 bananas, 1 tbsp cocoa powder....blend altogether in food processor or blender and freeze in Popsicle trays or in paper cups with Popsicle sticks! Should make 7-8 Popsicles! I love these!

Well I have one for raw Popsicles? Will that work? It's easy. Raw Whole Popsicles..... 2 avocados, 2 bananas, 1 tbsp cocoa powder....blend altogether in food processor or blender and freeze in Popsicle trays or in paper cups with Popsicle sticks! Should make 7-8 Popsicles! I love these!

That actually sounds pretty good(even with the avocado). I have had avocado smoothies--a vietnamese treat and they are very tasty(with many calories), so that's why I think your popsicles sound good! Also, I tried some brownies made with avocados, that were actually decent, too, but not quite as good as the real thing! I will buy a couple of avocados and try this.

Jodelle: Would you happen to be able to recommend a good Raw Foods Cookbook? I've been sort of looking around, but, can't figure out what would be best.

Thanks in advance,
linda

clean ice cream recipe

clean Chocolate Banana Ice Cream.It is a nice dessert recipe but only for those who love bananas.The main ingredients being used in this are listed below.
(Makes approximately 4 cups – depending on the size of your bananas)

Ingredients
4 bananas
1 cup milk
2 tbsp. cocoa powder
2 tbsp. agave or honey

images

I always refer "http://www.wikihow.com" for ice cream recipes. You will find nice recipes here.

Well I also like ice cream which is delicious in taste . I usually like Banana and chocolate flavor of Ice Cream . I also like the recipe of banana ice cream which you have shared here. I normally bring from shop which is packed but i would like to prepare it st home because It is so simple and easy to make as well .

Ice Cream!!

I. Love. Ice cream! :eek: I make my own almond milk and it makes FABULOUS ice cream in an ice cream maker. The store-bought almond milk is not as creamy and does not work as well. Fresh, homemade coconut milk will work beautifully too. A few weeks ago, I picked up last year's model Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker (ICE-20) for just $23.99 at Costco. :cool: Kohl's has the newer model (ICE-21) for $50. Here's a link to a delightful mint choc chip ice cream recipe. Instead of the coconut milk, I use my homemade almond milk. You could also try using fresh cherries, now in season, and some vanilla extract. Mmmmm.....I love cherry vanilla! :)

Mint Choc Chip Ice Cream

I love the frozen banana ice cream. I’ve also been experimenting with creating my own deep chocolate frozen yogurt. So far, my creations aren’t low-fat, but they are clean. They make a super-satisfying treat. My favorite thing about my fro-yo is how not sweet it is – you can really taste yogurt and dark chocolate, yum!

Dark Chocolate Frozen Yogurt by Nichole
1 quart plain unsweetened yogurt, strained through cheesecloth overnight to remove all the excess moisture. Reserve the whey liquid for making *fantastic* protein smoothies.
2 Tablespoons unsweetened chocolate
1/3 cup cocoa powder
2 T arrowroot starch
3 T. milk
4 oz. cream cheese

To make Ice Cream Base:
1 ½ c. 2% milk
½ cup heavy cream
¼ cup agave nectar
Bring to a boil in a large saucepan, and cook at a rolling boil for 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
While it’s boiling, mix 2 Tablespoons arrowroot starch with 3 Tablespoons milk to make a slurry.
Whisk in the arrowroot/milk slurry, and cook for another 1 minute, until the base is thickened. Let cool for a few minutes, then whisk in 4 oz. softened cream cheese. (Don’t use fat-free, but 1/3 less fat works fine.)

In a pyrex container, carefully melt ¼ cup heavy cream and 2 oz. unsweetened chocolate. Stir in 1/3 cup cocoa powder. Whisk this mixture into the ice cream base until smooth. Let cool to approximately 100F (no higher than 105F, so you don't kill the yogurt cultures.)

Whisk in 1 ¼ cups strained yogurt. Let mixture cool thoroughly in the fridge, then put it in the ice cream maker, according to the manufacturer’s directions.

Yields about Eight 1/2 cup servings

How do you make almond and coconut milk?
It's SO easy, but you do need a high-speed blender like a VitaMix or a Blendtec. If you do a quick Google search, you'll find LOADS of recipes/instructions. You have to soak your almonds for approx. 8 to 12 hours first. Drain. Then you combine the soaked almonds with 1 c. of water and blend well for about two minutes. (I also add a little bit of date paste at this point too.) After the almonds are blended fairly well, you add another 3 c. of water to the blender, and continue blending for another minute or so. When blended, you pour the milk thru a nut milk bag (or cheesecloth) to strain. That's it! :cool:

To make coconut milk, you can use the shredded unsweetened coconut in the bag and blend with water. If you click the link in my post about the mint choc chip ice cream, you'll find the instructions for making coconut milk. I also made coconut milk using fresh coconut. It was delicious, but the fat separates when the milk chills, so you always have to re-blend it before using.

I recently made hemp milk, and love it! I used 1/4 c. of organic shelled hemp seed to 2 c. of water. Just blend & enjoy. No straining required. :D

HTH!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.