Yet another rep test question

grad2010

Cathlete
In doing the 1 rep test for the alternating overhead should press at 12 lbs @ 10times my results are the following: 1 rep max 16lbs, 60% irm 10 lbs and 9 thru 11 reps 12lbs. After viewing the clips, I notice that the screen will say 60% irm at so many reps. But if my 60% irm is at 10 lbs and my reps poundage for 11 reps is 12 lbs, what poundage do I go by, the % irm or the number of reps, because the poundage is different. I hope that I am not confusing anyone, for I am trying to test my rep with all of the exercises before the STS program is released and I am still a little confused about this rep max thing....Thanks V

You want to use the number the One Rep Max calculator calculates from your test and then shows in the Orange box. All you do then is save your results and then print a workout card. Your correct weight totals will be shown on your STS workout card. It is really very simple and once we release our video tutorial I’m sure it will be much clearer to you.

I think what is confusing you is you’re looking at the rep table shown below your One Rep Max results. You can certainly use this table, but because of rounding off it will not be quite as accurate as the actual test result. Also, it is important to know that a 1RM test is similar to a voting poll in that it is not 100% accurate. There will always be a certain degree of error that will depend on many factors. But I think you will find it is much more accurate than guessing and a great starting point for finding the ideal weight for almost every exercise.

Hi, I have some problem to understand the linguage, and I need help.
I try to calculate my 1rm for the squat. I'm able to lift 20 kg (I think is 40lb) and make 16 reps without problem. Using this parameter in the wm result that my 1rp in the orange box is 34 ( I think I don't understan well in what way is use for), and the percentage at 60% is 20, this means that I have to do 20 reps when I make the squat? I understand that if I have to make 8 reps I have to use 27 kg and if I have to make 12 reps I have to use 24 kg. Is correct?
If I calculate the 1rm with 10 reps instead of 16 (you say 8 reps but no more then 10 to calculate the 1rm) obviously the number of reps and weight is different, but if I'm able to lift for the squat 20 kg and make 16 reps without problem why I have to calculate my 1rm using no more than 10 reps? why I can't calculate it with 16 reps if I'm able to do it?
I konw that is difficult to understand me becouse I'm italian and I don't konw your linguage so well but I hope you can help me.
thank you very much

Thanks SNM, and yes I was looking at the info for rep max in the box. This has cleared things for me. Thanks again, V

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.