They're in the mail!

lori254

Cathlete
Hi everyone - I've been reading about everyone's success with this program and so I finally ordered the 40 DVD set last week. I can't wait to get started. I was using Cathe's Pure Strength, and Slow and Heavy series for a few years, but have slacked off big time over the last year and a half and have gotten quite out of shape. I'm looking forward to getting back to it and can't wait for these to arrive!:D

Have a great weekend!
Lori

I think you have made a great choice. I just finished STS and loved it. No dread at all. Each workout was motivating and challenging. This will give you so much structure and help to choose the right weight etc. Enjoy!

Is it me, or are there a lot of Lori's in Cathe-Land? :)

Lori, you're going to love STS. Enjoy, and have fun stalking the UPS man!

I feel sure that you will enjoy STS! Did you do your one rep max testing yet? Let the hard work and fun begin!

I'm going to start soon too..just gathering all the equipment I'll need now. Trying to keep costs down and thinking if I need a barbell and rack...I read you can do STS with only dumbbells and in place of barbells. For those that finished STS, did anyone do this??! If so, how did you find it.

And also since the Cathe's tower isn't out yet I'll probably end up getting resistance tubing for the pullups..is this the one that I should get?

http://www.shopcathe.com/Latex_Resistance_Toning_Tube_Red_Heavy_p/1211411.htm

Should I get more than one or combine this with other colors?

Last edited:
Thanks, Lori (great name!) Regina, I was planning on doing that this weekend, still have one day to go. Hope everyone is having a great weekend, we're finally getting some nice weather in Calgary (last Monday it was snowing!!)

Yay!!

They're here...wasn't home yesterday, so have to pick them up at the post office this afternoon. $23 in duty, but c'est la vie. Now I can see for myself what all the fuss is about:D Looking forward to working hard and getting strong.

Lori

They're here...wasn't home yesterday, so have to pick them up at the post office this afternoon. $23 in duty, but c'est la vie. Now I can see for myself what all the fuss is about:D Looking forward to working hard and getting strong.
Lori

You'll be doing both of those things! :cool:

I'm going to start soon too..just gathering all the equipment I'll need now. Trying to keep costs down and thinking if I need a barbell and rack...I read you can do STS with only dumbbells and in place of barbells. For those that finished STS, did anyone do this??! If so, how did you find it.

And also since the Cathe's tower isn't out yet I'll probably end up getting resistance tubing for the pullups..is this the one that I should get?

http://www.shopcathe.com/Latex_Resistance_Toning_Tube_Red_Heavy_p/1211411.htm

Should I get more than one or combine this with other colors?

I'm doing the entire series with dumbbells. I'm on my second go-through of week 1 in Mesocycle 3 right now (doing the six month rotation), and I've not had any problems adapting the workouts to dumbbells only. It is my preferred method of lifting, and I've been working dumbbells only for a number of years now.

Regarding the tubing, I'm using the tubing you linke (Cathe's Red Heavy tubing) and it works well for me. I don't have a pull-up/chin-up option, but I find this to be a perfectly acceptable (and effective) alternative.

I hope all those who are starting STS enjoy it as much as I have. Like I said, I'm working my way through the last mesocycle on the six month rotation, and I have never had results like I've had doing this series. And, more importantly, I love the workouts! Have fun!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.