Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > STS Forum

STS Forum Please post all questions about our STS Strength Training series in this forum.

STS undulating rotation

This is a discussion on STS undulating rotation within the STS Forum forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; Hi Cathe and all of you STSers, I am going to do Chris' STS undulating rotation when I finish my ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2009, 04:46 PM

Default STS undulating rotation

Hi Cathe and all of you STSers,

I am going to do Chris' STS undulating rotation when I finish my rest week and was wondering if I should redo my 1rm? Actually, if I just restart STS again, should I redo all of my 1rm? I know I am much stronger than when I started, so it kind of makes sense to redo them. But, I need some expert opinions on this.

Cathe, thank you for a super workout regimen, I just love it.

Kris
Old 05-13-2009, 05:45 PM
Cathlete
Dela's Profile Fields

Hi, there was a post from SNM that mentioned that it's ok to just redo the 1RM tests about once a year.

But someone mentioned this, and it's a great idea, you can figure out a lot of your new 1RM numbers by using your meso 3 weights, since you are supposed to go to failure in meso 3 on rep 8, 7, or 6 depending on the week, you can figure out your new 1RM from the weights you used. Of course, meso 3 does not cover all the exercises, but it's a fair amount.
Old 05-14-2009, 04:02 AM
Cathlete
christosz's Profile Fields

Send a message via MSN to christosz Send a message via Skype™ to christosz

Kris,

here's what I was thinking... Since Meso 3 will make us 5% stronger, I will probably adjust my 1RM weights by adding 5%... I know, I'm lazy...

Chris.

YOU CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS.
BUT YOU CAN BLOODY WELL CHARGE IT.
Old 05-14-2009, 08:36 AM
Catheite
ReenaPP's Profile Fields

For some exercises, I increased the weight significantly (not sure if some of my tests were off or if I really made outstanding strength gains - I would like to think the latter :-)
- so adding 5% onto my original 1RM would probably not be correct for me.

Since week 3 of Meso 3 is supposed to be 90% (based on adjustments, I am working to failure so the weight increments I am using now should be correct), I was just going to plug these #'s into excel and run a simple formula to give me the 1RM.

Not all exercises were included in Meso 3, so I will likely go back to review my workout cards where I made notes about what was the "perfect" weight and then run formulas based on what percentage it was to get my correct 1RM. Sort of backing into my 1RM. I could do it in my head during workouts, but that gets annoying. I would rather have it spelled out for me in one place ;-)
I don't think I have the patience to do the 1RMs again....or the energy lol, at least not so soon.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:37 AM
Cathlete
marnold's Profile Fields

Okay...maybe I am a little thick and I know I haven't paid nearly enough attention to the updates to the workout manager but...

If I were to take DH and I's workout sheets from every day of MESO 1, 2, & 3 and enter in the actual reps and weights for each workout (which BTW I should have been doing all along!), will the 1RMs update? From what I am "hearing" above, they will not. I am such a confused little soul...
Old 05-14-2009, 09:42 AM
Cathlete
MommaPew's Profile Fields

In the WM, you can pull up your w/o card and edit the weight for an excercise. It allows you to enter the weight amount that you want to use for that excercise and it back calculates your 1RM.

I found it very handy for some of the excercises that I didn't do the 1RM on. Once I knew what weight I wanted to use I just entered that in under the edit column and it plucks in your 1RM so that it calculates your weight for the rest of the cycles. Really good feature.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:48 AM
Cathlete
marnold's Profile Fields

OH MY! How cool is that?????????????? I am doing the happy dance right now! Thanks Mommapew!
Old 05-14-2009, 09:58 AM
Catheite
ReenaPP's Profile Fields

wow thanks...I didn't know it did that...I though it allowed you to put in your actual weight used, but I didn't realize it updated the 1RM based on that...although I confess, I haven't been paying attention to the software updates, so I guess this is as of the latest update? otherwise, I don't pay enough attention when I multi-task lol
thanks again for the great tip
Old 05-14-2009, 12:36 PM
Cathlete

Ummmm, where can I find the undulating rotation?
Old 05-14-2009, 03:27 PM
Cathlete
MommaPew's Profile Fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenaPP View Post
wow thanks...I didn't know it did that...I though it allowed you to put in your actual weight used, but I didn't realize it updated the 1RM based on that...although I confess, I haven't been paying attention to the software updates, so I guess this is as of the latest update? otherwise, I don't pay enough attention when I multi-task lol
thanks again for the great tip

Glad I could be of help. It was an ungrade to the software recently - maybe 2 weeks ago off hand. I'm doing the 6mo rotation and it lends itself well to using this feature.