Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. Already a member? Simply log in above.

1. Ripped with HiiT

STS undulating rotation

Discussion in 'STS Forum' started by KRISTINE A, May 13, 2009.

1. KRISTINE A Active Member

Hi Cathe and all of you STSers,

I am going to do Chris' STS undulating rotation when I finish my rest week and was wondering if I should redo my 1rm:confused:? Actually, if I just restart STS again, should I redo all of my 1rm? I know I am much stronger than when I started, so it kind of makes sense to redo them. But, I need some expert opinions on this.

Cathe, thank you for a super workout regimen, I just love it.:D:D

Kris

2. Dela Cathlete

Hi, there was a post from SNM that mentioned that it's ok to just redo the 1RM tests about once a year.

But someone mentioned this, and it's a great idea, you can figure out a lot of your new 1RM numbers by using your meso 3 weights, since you are supposed to go to failure in meso 3 on rep 8, 7, or 6 depending on the week, you can figure out your new 1RM from the weights you used. Of course, meso 3 does not cover all the exercises, but it's a fair amount.

3. christosz Cathlete

Kris,

here's what I was thinking... Since Meso 3 will make us 5% stronger, I will probably adjust my 1RM weights by adding 5%... I know, I'm lazy... :D

Chris.

4. ReenaPP Cathlete

For some exercises, I increased the weight significantly (not sure if some of my tests were off or if I really made outstanding strength gains - I would like to think the latter :)
    - so adding 5% onto my original 1RM would probably not be correct for me.

Since week 3 of Meso 3 is supposed to be 90% (based on adjustments, I am working to failure so the weight increments I am using now should be correct), I was just going to plug these #'s into excel and run a simple formula to give me the 1RM.

Not all exercises were included in Meso 3, so I will likely go back to review my workout cards where I made notes about what was the "perfect" weight and then run formulas based on what percentage it was to get my correct 1RM. Sort of backing into my 1RM. I could do it in my head during workouts, but that gets annoying. I would rather have it spelled out for me in one place ;-)
    I don't think I have the patience to do the 1RMs again....or the energy lol, at least not so soon.

5. marnold Cathlete

Okay...maybe I am a little thick and I know I haven't paid nearly enough attention to the updates to the workout manager but...

If I were to take DH and I's workout sheets from every day of MESO 1, 2, & 3 and enter in the actual reps and weights for each workout (which BTW I should have been doing all along!), will the 1RMs update? From what I am "hearing" above, they will not. I am such a confused little soul...:(

6. MommaPew Cathlete

In the WM, you can pull up your w/o card and edit the weight for an excercise. It allows you to enter the weight amount that you want to use for that excercise and it back calculates your 1RM.

I found it very handy for some of the excercises that I didn't do the 1RM on. Once I knew what weight I wanted to use I just entered that in under the edit column and it plucks in your 1RM so that it calculates your weight for the rest of the cycles. Really good feature.

7. marnold Cathlete

OH MY! How cool is that?????????????? I am doing the happy dance right now! :) Thanks Mommapew!

8. ReenaPP Cathlete

wow thanks...I didn't know it did that...I though it allowed you to put in your actual weight used, but I didn't realize it updated the 1RM based on that...although I confess, I haven't been paying attention to the software updates, so I guess this is as of the latest update? otherwise, I don't pay enough attention when I multi-task lol
    thanks again for the great tip

9. AngelaP Cathlete

Ummmm, where can I find the undulating rotation?

10. MommaPew Cathlete

Glad I could be of help. It was an ungrade to the software recently - maybe 2 weeks ago off hand. I'm doing the 6mo rotation and it lends itself well to using this feature.:D

11. drover Cathlete

LOL! kris, that is exactly what i was gonna do. i don't even want to start all over again. :) with 1 rm's , that is. i definitely want to do STS again.
    cathy

12. drover Cathlete

hey squidlet! i am trying to figure all this out too. math is NOT my thing, so adding the 5% thing and all that si totally confusein. so, will someone spell it out for me too?:)
    thanks,cathy

13. drover Cathlete

ok, so, mommapew, then when we print out workout cards for our next STS rotation, it will have updated our 1 rm's? is that what you're saying? thanks, cathy

14. MommaPew Cathlete

Yep. For any of the excercises that you update your 1rm through the Edit feature, the next time you print-out that card it'll show your 1rm and the weight amount at whatever % needed for that disc.:D:)

15. laurabehney Member

Can you tell me where you pull up the w/o card that you can edit. I can only find the one to view and print. I will be doing the happy dance too once I get this figured out!!

Thanks so much!

16. christosz Cathlete

You need to go to your workout sheets through the calendar.

Calendar --> click on the specific day --> show details (on the right side) --> Edit Workout --> Edit (the little notepad icon).

From there it's all pretty easy. Just follow what the text says.

Chris.

17. laurabehney Member

Thanks so much, Chris. But another question. WHY do I only have an edit "clipboard" for two of the exercises? On my disk 36, It only shows the edit for the first two exercises.

Also, I entered my actual weights and reps for that disk and then pulled up the w/o card to view and it didn't change my 1 RM. Should it have?

Thanks again for your time in answering my many questions!!!
    Laura

18. christosz Cathlete

No problem Laura! Glad to help. :D

Disc 36 shows up on my browser with only two clipboard edit buttons, too... Maybe we should let SNM know about it in the WM thread.

I think that when I modified my 1RM using the edit button, I had the same issue. I closed WM and reopened it. See if it works for you. Otherwise, it is one more thing we need to let SNM know.:)

Chris.

19. CynamonKis Cathlete

This oldie but goodie rotation looks very interesting.....