STS Total Body

mini-natty

Cathlete
Hello everyone!

Unfortunately, I am not able to invest in STS yet. I am however interested in the program and STS Total Body fits my price range. Is it similar? Any thoughts and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I see STS requires a barbell. I only have free weights. Can I substitute the exercises that use a barbell with free weights? I know with barbell's you can lift heavier and it activates different muscles, but I have to be very selective on the fitness equipment/video's I purchase.

Thank you,

Natasha

I love STS TB. The complete workout is about 66 minute and it includes an amazing ab section. IN addition, the premixes are pretty great too. You can bang out legs in under 30 minutes and feel totally worked. Same hold true with upper body. Cathe moves pretty quick, and you go kind if heavy, although I think only about 70% of your 1RM. You can absolutely use dumbbells instead of a barbell. I say, go for it!!

I have to say that although I keep looking at the STS program, I haven't ordered it yet. I started alternating STS total body with high reps and I have NEVER had better results with anything. I see definition, and I am stronger. The bonus is that I do not have a ton of time to work with. I work out in the morning before work and I have five children. I am exhausted at the end of the day! These two workouts have given me INCREDIBLE results in very little time. I am all for these coupled with HiiT style workouts. ~Jodi

I have to say that although I keep looking at the STS program, I haven't ordered it yet. I started alternating STS total body with high reps and I have NEVER had better results with anything. I see definition, and I am stronger. The bonus is that I do not have a ton of time to work with. I work out in the morning before work and I have five children. I am exhausted at the end of the day! These two workouts have given me INCREDIBLE results in very little time. I am all for these coupled with HiiT style workouts. ~Jodi

Jodi: how does your week look workout wise? How much cardio do you do along with these? How many times per week do you do these?

I love STS TB. The complete workout is about 66 minute and it includes an amazing ab section. IN addition, the premixes are pretty great too. You can bang out legs in under 30 minutes and feel totally worked. Same hold true with upper body. Cathe moves pretty quick, and you go kind if heavy, although I think only about 70% of your 1RM. You can absolutely use dumbbells instead of a barbell. I say, go for it!!

Hey Jenn, do you know if there is a workout card for STS total body? I've been looking but can't find one anywhere.

Wow Jodi, you work AND have 5 kids and you STILL find time to workout! You rock! I love STSTB & HR! Both are awesome workouts.

Hello everyone!

Unfortunately, I am not able to invest in STS yet. I am however interested in the program and STS Total Body fits my price range. Is it similar? Any thoughts and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I see STS requires a barbell. I only have free weights. Can I substitute the exercises that use a barbell with free weights? I know with barbell's you can lift heavier and it activates different muscles, but I have to be very selective on the fitness equipment/video's I purchase.

Thank you,

Natasha

I love this workout and YES, you can sub free weights. Keep an eye open on Craigslist, garage sales or even places like Thrift or Goodwill Stores for a good price on a barbell. You'd be surprised how much fitness equipment people get rid of. They haven't found Cathe to make their workouts FUN! :p

something to consider if buying a barbell...try to avoid the ones with the threaded collars if possible. i have that kind & it can be a pain when you need to change the plates quickly.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.