STS Check In Disc 7....

I fell a week behind :eek: due to "life" happening, but will be jumping back in with Disc 7 tomorrow. As always, I look forward to the BURN!

STS Disc 7 Check-in

Cathe:

This is the last week I can check-in with you since you will be leaving me behind next week. I started sleeping more with STS and felt good for the first few weeks. I hit a wall last week and have been battling intense fatigue and needing a nap every day. I was tempted to enjoy a spontaneous rest week, but I put my game face on so I can faithfully finish this rotation. I remember the challenge of my first 5K and keep reminding myself how great it felt to cross the finish line! I am halfway through the first mesocycle of the 5-month rotation, and I am determined to keep pressing on for 4 more weeks until the first recovery week. I can do this! Yes, I can!

I prayed for strength and energy and experienced STS Disc 7 for the first time this morning. I love it! This is my favorite chest, shoulders, and biceps workout so far. The Elmo push-ups are fun and effective (on my knees)! I am glad you included the bow and arrow with the band in this workout, and I love the incline band hammer curls. I opened my Fitness by Cathe bands and gave them a whirl this morning. Oh my word! The kiwi green band is tough! I had to get creative with my weights because I needed 14-pound weights for several exercises. My 12-pounds weights are coated with rounded ends, and my PlateMates will not safely stick to them. I looked at the cOurage wristband I am wearing for Gin and the stack of soft weights from my Ironwear adjustable ankle weights and discovered a great (and free) way to safely add one-half pound increments to my weights without investing in more equipment:

356654796.jpg

I am looking forward to your update after you experience STS Disc 7. Have fun! If you have any extra energy to share, please send a bunch to me! I decided to enjoy the extended stretch after every STS workout and sacrifice one of my cardio workouts every week so I can bless my body with an extra rest day. I am praying that this will give me more energy. If you have any other suggestions, please share! Have fun playing in the snow! Hugs! :)

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Last edited:
I've actually increased my weight in 2 exercises. Shocking! I didn't think that was ever possible (I really must be getting stronger!). I can't say enough for this this program....I love it!

I'm one day ahead, so I'll be doing Imax today.

Yowza!

Hi Cathe & all!

ITA w/ Heather! This is my favorite sequencing of Meso 1 thus far! I have enjoyed every DVD but for some reason this one really made me say YES! I can do it!
23_30_104.gif

I stayed with my 1RM or higher for every move for the first time since starting STS (that was 5 weeks ago! - I'm doing 2 weeks of Meso 1 workouts)... I felt strong & motivated and tacked on LIC Cardio after a 45 minute rest break!
4_1_201.gif

I finally remembered to start all exercises on my opposite side this week - that felt good! My left side was beginning to think it had alot less ZIP than my right! ;)

Truly STS is a gem. There is nothing at all I dont love about it- Its a masterpiece in every sense of the word. My body is starting to take shape again after 3 mo
nths of not responding well to much.
4_1_2.gif

Looking forward to doing this disc the second time around!
23_30_126.gif
Cathe!
23_30_109.gif

Hi cathe!! I will be doing disc 7 later today. I am doing the 6 month rotation. I am loving STS! I am starting to look forward to the pushups.. At first I was saying some not nice stuff to the TV... My goal is to do all of them from my toes!!
I have a question about the ball wall squats..my lower back hurts when I do them, am I doing something wrong?(sorry I missed the Disc 6 check in :))
Thanks
Tracy

I did CSB this morning and just so frustrated. Not sure what is happening as I did my 1RM and the first week of MESO 1 with no problems in lifting weight. Now last week and this week for CSB I have to go much lower for the bicep and shoulder work because my left side just will not lift.

For bicep work I can lift what is suggested for my right arm but my left says no way and will not lift at all so I go down in poundage for both arms. I was only use 8 lbs if I was luck for biceps.

Shoulders are another story. I had to go down to 3 lbs and even then my left should just will not get it up there. For the bow and arrow move my left shoulder just gives out and I cannot keep my arm out there for the full rep count. I did place my left hand on a pole for support so I could finish pulling with my right arm.

I am just so frustrated because CSB are the only workouts I am having this problem with. I do see my doctor in a couple of weeks for my regular doc appointment so I may mention this to her. I am wondering if I have some sort of medical problem going on. In all my years of working out, lifting light or heavy, I have never had this happen before.

So I am wondering if I did something to myself and I just don't know about it.

Rhonda (who is sitting here sad because I know I can lift heavier but the left side was saying no).

Hi everybody! I'm doing the 6 month rotation and did disc 7 (for the 2nd time) yesterday. I'm sitting here with DOMS to prove it! Just one question......WHO'S BRILLIANT idea was it to throw in push up drop sets at the END of that workout? The END???? What gives? :p (but I secretly admit I LOVE it!)

I have to say that this week of discs (7,8,9) is my fave so far. Perhaps it's because the further into STS I get, the more comfortable I get with that 30 second break (which isn't really a break when you're switching weights so often....I'm convinced Cathe tried to trick us into THINKING she's giving us a break). I was still a bit sore yesterday in my lats and shoulders from Friday's kickbox cardio, but it was all good. And YES.....THE BAND WORK in this series so far is PHENOMENAL! Incline bicep band curls. Who woulda thunk?

Sounds like everyone's enjoying STS! Add me to that long list!

YOU ROCK, EVERYBODY!!!!

Gayle

Quick check-in

Tough workout this morning. but we (DH and I) did it!

I thought those push-ups would never end! They kept going and going and going... and now I know what Elmo push-ups are, and they are tough!

DH wants to start the STS rotation all over when we finish. :eek: He really likes the program, and I'm impressed because I thought he'd quit after a week or so.

My legs aren't so sore from Disc 6 on Saturday, so I guess I need to use heavier weights next time. But my triceps are still kind of tight from Disc 5 last Thursday. I'm glad we have a whole week for each body part to recover before we beat it up again!

Oh, we did the "Weights and plates" abs on Sunday. I thought the plates were weight plates, not paper plates. By the time we were finished, I was wishing we'd used weight plates instead. Those were hard!

Bye!

disc 7

Hi all,

I did disc 7 yesterday. After reading the posts, I feel like I was doing a different disc because I thought 7 was darn hard! The two sets of 1.5 pushups into the 30 regular pushups was just plain mean and I love pushups.

Overall it was a great workout, and I'm looking forward to disc 8. Back is by far my favorite body part to work.

Tracy

WOW!

I just completed this wo this morning!! and I must say, my biceps are already shaking and exhausted....this is my favorite chest/bicep/shoulder one so far! I loved it. I had to do more of the pushups on my knees than I wanted to, but hey, I made it through the wo and know I pushed myself...I'll get there eventually! :) Thanks Cathe, and GL all you STSers!

Disc 7

What a great workout.
I also feel like I am getting stronger- I went up on a few weights, especially on the bicep exercises and chest flys.
But those pushups are another story. I could only do 5 Elmo style pushup before hitting the floor.
The 1.5 pushups followed by 30 more was a killer- I had to revert to table top at the end:mad:
The drop sets at the end were a killer too.
My shoulders are still feeling it today too.
By the way, my legs are still feeling Disc 6- I may just to the elliptical today.

:eek:I thought this one was really tough ! I think it was the bazillion pushups !!!!!!!!:eek:

I think my biceps felt it more this time !!:D

I'm LOVING all the bandwork !!!!

I did no equipment abs too because I didn't think I could HOLD any weights after that workout and then there were planks on the end !!!
I was doing Elmo planks !!!!!!!!!!!:p

Lovin' it !

Becky

pushups, pushups and more pushups!

Good Morning to Cathe and Everyone to follow-

Quick check-in this morning as I am already at work. Pushups were insane in disk 7! Crossovers, staggered, elmo, drop sets....and then to be so evil as to put the barbell front press 21's at the end of the workout right after the last drop set of pushups! Evil, evil, evil! :D

Anyway, back to work for me, I have a board meeting dinner tonight, lets hope I can recover enough by then to use the utensils properly. lol ;)

Enjoy your day everyone.

Mary

Good morning, everyone :)!

I loved disc 7! Okay, not the pushups ;), but I really enjoyed the rest. It's wonderful to finally know what weights I need for which exercises so my entire effort is going into the workout with no distractions over anything else.

I'm still not getting a major case of DOMs but I can still feel that I was working it. Maybe that's the best result, huh :p?

Ok, who ever said there were lots of pushups on disc 7 was right! I was like "what? More?!" I started out with them on my toes but half way through I had to drop to my knees for the rest of the workout. When Cathe said "ok, now 30 of them!" I just about puked. (ok, maybe not - but I was shaking!)

The elmo pushups that someone mentioned earlier weren't so bad - my wrists kind of hurt from doing them. They weren't anything new though - they are in some of Cathes other workouts I believe...

My head is stuff today so I didn't have the "full energy" that I usually have when working out. I did the best that I could though.

Cathe,

Although DH and I are a little farther along then those on this thread (we just finished Mesocycle 1 yesterday), we would like to ask a question. We really appreciated your rotation for this cycle which included the cardio. Today is our rest day and the rest of this week is our activity recovery week. I know it sounds childish, but we feel a little lost without your input regarding what we should be doing during the active recovery. We realize we are not supposed to do any weights, but with the sheer volume of my Cathe collection (I have all of them) we have no idea what to do each day. Would you please advise us? We have had the best time with STS and your suggested cardio. Any help you could give us would be wonderful. THANKS! :)

Good morning Cathe and everyone,

I did this workout yesterday. I could not do the Elmo push ups, so I put the ball against the couch and was able to do them that way. I was still shaking like Elmo. Haha!!

The only thing that I liked about the Push up Super sets was at the end, I was able to go to my workout card and tick a whole bunch off as completed. I did a few on my toes but did the majority of them on my knees.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!!!

I did Disc 7 this morning and did pretty well considering all of those pushups! Those front presses at the end just about did me in. I especially enjoyed the band work today. And then the medicine ball abs were interesting since my shoulders were a bit tired. Still loving STS and I look forward to each new disc like a little kid!

Cathe-have fun playing with your boys in the snow up there today. Would you believe we got 6 inches of the white stuff down here in South Carolina????

Bev

I really enjoyed this workout, too. But, I cannot believe how many push ups there were! By the end I was like, "What?? another round of push ups, how many are we gonna do???"
But, it was a "good" hurt!

i particularly loved the incline bicep curls w/the band! They were awesome and kinda fun.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.