Squat rack for STS?

rnrdoc

Hi--

I have recently started doing the Hypertrophy mesocycle for STS, and find that I need a rack for the barbell when I'm doing chest press--I just can't safely raise the weight initially. I LOVE the one that Cathe uses, but can't seem to find it anywhere. What's everyone else using for this? Any suggestionsions?

Also, I find that the lat pulldowns with the band just aren't hard enough, but I'm not strong enough to do a full pull up yet. Has anyone else found a way around this problem?

Thanks!
Christy

Cathe uses the Turbo Tower that she used to sell in her shop. I think it was discontinued but they are redesigning it.

I bought an actual squat rack to use for bench presses and for Meso 3 squat rack legs. I love it! :eek: I really like that it is not one piece. I have two barbells of different lengths so this allows me to set up the rack to accommodate both of them.

For the pullups, I cannot do them on my own but also think the tubing doesn't quite do a good enough job. I have bought Jump Stretch Bands to loop around my pullup bar. I put one foot (or knee if you are taller) and it provides the assistance I need to do pullups. I still feel it and cannot always make it to 10 reps so I know I am working.

Hope that helps.

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply. That squat rack looks perfect, as do the bands. I plan on asking Santa for these goodies!
Christy (rnrdoc)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.