Rotation question...

Shelbysmom4

I just started Mesocycle 1. I can't finish many of the sets, especially pushups. Should I move on to the next discs or should I get closer to being able to do Disc 1,2,3 before moving on? I thought I was advanced as I do many of Cathe's videos but apparently I have some work to do! I love it already, though. Thank you!

Hi Shelbysmom. I was not able to do all the push ups either and I did them on my knees. I wouldn't worry about finishing the push ups. Just do as many as you can. For the weight lifting exercises , if you can't do all of the reps , your weights could be too heavy. I wrote down all the weights that I used as I was doing it and then updated the w/o manager and it gave me new weight numbers to use next time. You could always do each week twice depending on how fast you want to get thru it. I personally like the 6 mos rotation . The 1st week I always wrote down the weights I used to get thru all the reps , updated the w/o manager and reprinted that w/o . Then I would do week one a second time and it worked out well. I just think your weights are too heavy and you need to lighten up a little. I have done STS 5 times and I love it. Keep us posted on your progress.

Jean

Thank you, Jean! I'm going to look for the six month rotation, then. I'm not in a rush. Also, I'll adjust the weights. I don't think the 1RM system takes into account the fact that you're already partially fried by the time you get a little through the workout.

Also remember you are doing 16 reps per set in Meso 1. That's a lot of reps. Plus you really don't get a rest between sets because you are busy getting your weights set up for the next exercise. Meso 2 and 3 don't move as fast. You will enjoy those a lot more. :D And just keep updating your w/o manager with the weights you used and it should get spot on for you.

Rotation Question

Hi Shelbysmom: I just finished meso 1 and your right about being fried!! I did some modification as well due to the endurance required. HANG IN THERE AND MODIFY AS NEEDED. I did make some great gains and was surprised because strength and endurance are different.I think the 1rms are maybe more accurate on shorter sets like meso 2 and 3. It looks like meso 2 fries each part then moves on to other parts...I think I will enjoy it more. Good luck!

Shelbysmom4, I am doing STS for the first time too! I chose to do the 5 or 6 month rotation, not sure yet if I will do Meso 3 for 4 wks or 8 wks. I am in the middle of Meso 2. I didn't do the 1RM testing for STS but I have my XTrain 1RMs and have been using them as a guide in choosing my weights.

I am finding that doing each week twice helps tremendously in finding out just where I need to be with the weights. It allows me to adjust for the repeat week and I'm filling out/adjusting my 1RM as I go. Selecting my weights has gotten a lot easier, quicker, and more accurate the farther along in the discs I get. I really enjoyed Meso 1, but I love Meso 2 even more! I look forward to doing STS again and anticipate it getting even better with future rounds. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do! :D

Thank you all for the info and encouragement! FYI, I'm still at it, doing the 6 month rotation. I hope you're all enjoying yourselves as well. :D

I love STS, meso 1 I like it but is to fast I don't have to much space and it is crazy all the weigths around me, but meso 2 is my favorite. So I did STS, 0ne month of Low Impact, I love it, and now I'm start with meso 2 adding a leg day(squat rack), + 15min. cardio on weiths days. I think everyone love STS.:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.