Please suggest alternate exercise for barbell front squats

shoegoddess

Cathlete
I start Meso 3 Sunday. I'm using dumbbells and weighted vest for the squat rack workouts instead of a barbell and I need an alternate exercise for the front squat. Any suggestions are appreciated.
I read recently in one of the threads someone subbed an exercise for the front squat but I can't remember the exercise or the thread :(

Last edited:
I had squt rack. The only thing I can think of is if you can use ball agaist wall that you can lean on it. So it will help to make sure your posture is right, not leaning forward. I had a hard time holding the barbell own my arms. I felt like I got bruise.:(:D

Last edited:
Obviously I'm not Cathe, so I can't help answer it. All I can say is that I would need this as well. I fractured the smallest bone in my foot, the sesamoid bone, last summer. Front squats put too much pressure on that area. I've been doing side squats, but it's not the same.

How about standing on a 2x4 piece of wood (or 3 lb dumbbells) as you do in 4DS? Then hold your dumbbells at your sides and squat.

How about standing on a 2x4 piece of wood (or 3 lb dumbbells) as you do in 4DS? Then hold your dumbbells at your sides and squat.

With the set of squats at the beginning of the squat rack workout I didn't want to do the same squats again.

I just checked out your suggestion on the 4DS DVD. I'll try that. THANKS!!

I may actually change over to dumbbells as well. I can really only lift 45 lb barbell over my head safely. I tried with a 50 lb barbell, and had a problem lifting it back off of me. I'd rather be safe than get hurt.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.