How Are You Doing With Your STS Workouts?

Cathe Friedrich

Administrator
Hi Everyone! I'm going to be here for a short while if you have any questions. I'll also be checking the forums in between to grab some questions to answer.

I wanted to quickly update you.....we have been very busy the last few days working on filming and editing the Cathe TV segments. I think you are really going to like the nice relaxed format of these segments. A time for all of us to connect together on a deliberately less formal platform. No memorized scripts or fancy up doo's ;), just everyday me wanting to share helpful fitness tid bits and topics with you.

On that note, thank you for posting the questions that you did last week under my STS start date post. I only had time to take one question (Frances, you are the lucky winner ;)) as we are limited to 10 minutes in our Youtube clips. However, we think this will be a great feature to include in our STS weekly Cathe TV check ins and would like to continue to do so.
So keep your questions coming and stay tuned every week for anything and everything that will help to make your STS workout experience the best one possible.

I will announce when we post our next Cathe TV STS check in segement.

Hi Cathe. OH.MY.GOSH!! STS is so completely amazing! I just finished week 2 legs (disc 6) and my outer thighs are def talking to me. Hoping to talk DH into some partner abs tonight - HA!

I don't have any questions - you all have done such a good job of explaining most everything. Just saw that you were on and wanted to give you a big shout out "THANKS!" I am on my way to that competition in October - YAY!

40andFab

Hi Cathe -

I don't usually write in the forums but just wanted to tell you how much I love the STS workouts! I started laughing at the end of disc 2 yesterday because I tried to do the side lying one arm pushups and my triceps definately had different plans!! (like stopping for the day - haha). Anyway, I've been looking for a workout that gets me excited to workout and I think I've found it in STS.

Have a great day and thanks!! (my triceps have a few additional words but I won't mention those! ;))

Tammi

Cathe,
I just wanted to tell you I am loving STS!
I do have a few questions, I recently found myself to be gluten intolerant. Does the nutrition with paid membership on your site deal with gluten free foods? I am worried about how this affects my progress with STS. Could it?
How much protein should I be eating in Meso Cycle 1 and should I increase as STS goes on?
Thanks so much,
Love STS!!
Colleen

Cathe, my DH and I have been LOVING STS! Bravo my dear bravo! We are doing the 3mth with cardio and will be doing Disc 4 tonight. DH thinks you are a robot lady! He says you have gotten so strong! You are definitely my hero! :) Happy Wednesday!

Hi Cathe- been wondering where you've been. I missed reading your posts. I thought maybe you took a much needed vacation!!

I love, love, love, these workouts. I look foward to doing them. They are tough but fun. I have done the 1st 5 workouts so far. I have definitely been working really hard and failing on most exercises. After the leg workout, my buns were soooo sore for about 4 days ( and from what I've read, that seems to be the concensus!). And those pushups are killer. UGH!!!

You did such an awesome job!!! Thankyou so much for all your hard work. I guess now its our turn for the HARD WORK!!

chrissy

ps- I did the med ball abs with an 8 lb ball. That made a huge difference (vs the 4lb ball).
I also did stability ball abs. How the heck do you do those 1 legged pikes?!? I can't even do them with 2 legs. I can't get my ball to move more than a couple of inches.- I guess I need to work up to that.

Last edited:
Hello back to you Lorrie! You sound like you are doing great with STS. Those leg workouts are definitely no walk in the park (at least they won't be when your done, tee hee). Keep me posted about your October competition. How exciting. :D Thanks for popping in!

Hi Cathe. OH.MY.GOSH!! STS is so completely amazing! I just finished week 2 legs (disc 6) and my outer thighs are def talking to me. Hoping to talk DH into some partner abs tonight - HA!

I don't have any questions - you all have done such a good job of explaining most everything. Just saw that you were on and wanted to give you a big shout out "THANKS!" I am on my way to that competition in October - YAY!

You are sooo funny Tammi! Yes, I agree on the triceps. When you go to put the free arm on the top of the shoulder you start to go down all confident and then suddenly it feels like the floor came out from under you. I always shout out loud...."willll she make it" (back up that is).

Thanks for stopping in to share and keep up the great work!!!!

Hi Cathe -

I don't usually write in the forums but just wanted to tell you how much I love the STS workouts! I started laughing at the end of disc 2 yesterday because I tried to do the side lying one arm pushups and my triceps definately had different plans!! (like stopping for the day - haha). Anyway, I've been looking for a workout that gets me excited to workout and I think I've found it in STS.

Have a great day and thanks!! (my triceps have a few additional words but I won't mention those! ;))

Tammi

I am very happy with the STS product. I really appreciate not having to think about what workout I'll do next, except of course, for my cardio days. I've completed only the first 3 discs, and wondered what I was doing wrong (not much DOMS for the first two), but today I'm feelin' it!

I was very reluctant to do 1RM testing, and I think I may have gone too light, but I imagine that will change as I move through the program.

I think that the best part of the program is the new incentive to work - I feel like I've got a whole new toy to play with.

Cathe, I feel almost like I know you personally because you're with me in my home every day.

Cathe, it's good to see you. I've previewed STS and it looks great!! I posted a ? on Ask Cathe about maybe doing a Cathe TV segment on the wall squats with the weights. But I would certainly take any form pointers you might have.

Hi Cathe,
I have been doing the plyo legs DVDs. Oh my gosh! What fun! My 55-year old legs are already getting thinner! Thank you for such a fantastic product!

I've been using some of the plyometrics with some of my much younger clients.....they keep asking me where did you these ideas?????:D

I also have to say I love the new WM. I like being able to print each workout and update as you go. Everything works together so amazingly.

chrissy

Hi Cathe!

I see you are on so just wanted to pop in to say THANK YOU so very much for STS! Dave & I are loving it. You have a new male, devoted fan! We are doing disc 7 tonight. Loving each one so far and we know the rest will be just as much fun! Thanks for all your hard work that you share with us! I'm off to teach a class. Have a great afternoon!

Great question Colleen. I'm not sure if the nutrition package includes this. I will check into that for you. I too have sensitivities with that and I went to see a clinical nutritionist and learned so much info on gluten free food choices. I was also amazed at how much is available in certain food stores like Whole Foods and Wegmens to cater to various food sensitivities. Makes food shopping soooo easy.

I would say it would be a good idea to make a one time appointment with a clinical nutritionist to review your current diet and have this person look at your daily output vs your daily intake and give you the proper foods to support your output. In addition to eating the right foods for your needs, you need to also eat enough (and of course not too much).

As far as how much protein, I think you should just increase your protein a little bit on your workout days to support your repair and improvements. To be more specific than that, as in percentages, this would vary from person to person for a variety of reasons. This is where a visit with a clinical nutritionist would address your individual/specific needs better than anyone. Good Luck and keep on loving STS!!! :D

Cathe,
I just wanted to tell you I am loving STS!
I do have a few questions, I recently found myself to be gluten intolerant. Does the nutrition with paid membership on your site deal with gluten free foods? I am worried about how this affects my progress with STS. Could it?
How much protein should I be eating in Meso Cycle 1 and should I increase as STS goes on?
Thanks so much,
Love STS!!
Colleen

Cathe, I LOVE my STS! I'm on week 2 of Meso 1 and I look forward to each STS day, even though I am almost always sore in some part of my body since I started. I was amazed at the soreness since I've been working out for years, but the 1RM has really pushed me beyond my comfort zone and I am finding that I can lift so much more weight. Thanks for a great product!

Hi Marnold. I am just loving to hear of all the hubby's/SO who are joining in. The benefits are available to all ages, sexes, and fitness levels. STS does not discriminate :D. Tell hubby that Robot Lady said thank you for the compliments. Have fun tonight and don't forget to stand on his back while he does his pushups....:eek: Just Kidding of course! :p

Cathe, my DH and I have been LOVING STS! Bravo my dear bravo! We are doing the 3mth with cardio and will be doing Disc 4 tonight. DH thinks you are a robot lady! He says you have gotten so strong! You are definitely my hero! :) Happy Wednesday!

Hi Chrissy! It's nice to be missed :D I know...I got lost in the editing of the Cathe TV project and realized I hadn't been on the forums. Yikes! Yes, the first rehearsal for the leg workouts I thought nobody would show up the second day, lol. I heard a lot of moaning and groaning. And we all know what I say about moaning and groaning ;)

Glad you upp'd your ball weight for abs. The single leg pike is a doozy for sure. Start with the double knee roll ins, then upgrade to double leg pikes, and then to single leg pikes. One day you'll pull right up there and beam that toe straight to the sky. Have Fun!:D

Hi Cathe- been wondering where you've been. I missed reading your posts. I thought maybe you took a much needed vacation!!

I love, love, love, these workouts. I look foward to doing them. They are tough but fun. I have done the 1st 5 workouts so far. I have definitely been working really hard and failing on most exercises. After the leg workout, my buns were soooo sore for about 4 days ( and from what I've read, that seems to be the concensus!). And those pushups are killer. UGH!!!

You did such an awesome job!!! Thankyou so much for all your hard work. I guess now its our turn for the HARD WORK!!

chrissy

ps- I did the med ball abs with an 8 lb ball. That made a huge difference (vs the 4lb ball).
I also did stability ball abs. How the heck do you do those 1 legged pikes?!? I can't even do them with 2 legs. I can't get my ball to move more than a couple of inches.- I guess I need to work up to that.

Great to hear your enthusiasm Linda :D I get so excited by the combo of hard yet fun workouts too. Makes it go by so fast you don't even realize what you've done until those four letters arrive the next day....DOMS!

Take care and have fun with your clients!

Hi Cathe,
I have been doing the plyo legs DVDs. Oh my gosh! What fun! My 55-year old legs are already getting thinner! Thank you for such a fantastic product!

I've been using some of the plyometrics with some of my much younger clients.....they keep asking me where did you these ideas?????:D

Thanks Chrissy! We work on this everyday trying to find more ways to make things more user friendly. Glad the process is working.

I also have to say I love the new WM. I like being able to print each workout and update as you go. Everything works together so amazingly.

chrissy

Did I miss you Debbie? If so, hope you are having a great class. Give Dave a high five for doing so well with STS. Here is one for you too (sorry I don't have one of those smiley faces high fives for you, :) ) Both of you have been working so hard and I just love how devoted you both are to the program.

I see you are on so just wanted to pop in to say THANK YOU so very much for STS! Dave & I are loving it. You have a new male, devoted fan! We are doing disc 7 tonight. Loving each one so far and we know the rest will be just as much fun! Thanks for all your hard work that you share with us! I'm off to teach a class. Have a great afternoon!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.