Gliding Discs for STS

hrcfitness

Cathlete
Has anyone gotten the "gliding Discs" to use with STS yet? I have carpeting and so the paper plate thing doesn't work for me. I want to know if anyone has had any good results with them before I purchase!
Thank
Elena

Has anyone gotten the "gliding Discs" to use with STS yet? I have carpeting and so the paper plate thing doesn't work for me. I want to know if anyone has had any good results with them before I purchase!
Thank
Elena

Yes, they do make Gliding Discs that will work on carpet. Furniture Movers like Super Sliders will also work great and are available at Walmart.

I have the Gliding Discs for hardwood floors and they are great. They're the same ones as used at gyms, when classes use them. WalMart has the carpet ones for order and store pick up. I got mine for wood floors on ebay. I saw some furniture gliders at Home Depot tonight but they are smaller than the discs. Maybe they make bigger ones?

I train people using frisbees but we're on asphalt. I expect a frisbee would work too if you already have one of those hanging out in your garage. ;)

Will paperplates work on puzzlemats?

They don't glide as well as they would on carpet.
A solution is to buy a piece of carpet remenant and use that for the sliding moves.

For those who said that paper plates don't work well on carpet: I don't know why not. They are supposed to.

For wood floors, a rag or piece of an old hand towel should work.

I bought Mindy's Gliding discs for $20 from Walmart. I LOVE them. I know that there are so many cheap alternatives, paper plates, and such but I figure for $20 you also get the workout which I really like. The ab routine is really challenging and they have a hard wood floor option and a carpet option. They are super sturdy plastic. My kids love to slide around the house with them.

Gliding Discs are also great to take on vacation. Most hotel rooms have carpet that they work really well on, and you can do some pretty challenging lunge variations in a small space.

They don't glide as well as they would on carpet.
A solution is to buy a piece of carpet remenant and use that for the sliding moves.

For those who said that paper plates don't work well on carpet: I don't know why not. They are supposed to.

For wood floors, a rag or piece of an old hand towel should work.

Thanks Kathryn. I can also just take up the puzzlemats in the area I will use them... but will have to wait for STS to get here before I figure out the best route.

Gliding Discs

I used paper plates at home for past workouts, but recently I bought Mindy Mylrea's Gliding Discs (from her web site). I'm really glad I did. Big difference. I had been using them at the gym with clients and decided they were well worth the money. They came with a "Basics" dvd, but I also purchased the "Beyond the Basics" DVD, which includes 3 workouts.

For all the money we spend on our equipment, the small investment in the Gliding Discs is money very well spent. :)

I bought Mindy's Gliding discs for $20 from Walmart. I LOVE them. I know that there are so many cheap alternatives, paper plates, and such but I figure for $20 you also get the workout which I really like. The ab routine is really challenging and they have a hard wood floor option and a carpet option. They are super sturdy plastic. My kids love to slide around the house with them.

I just got the discs for my birthday and like them a lot.

I agree about the ab routine being challenging - the core work was very, very hard for me. Planks with your feet on the gliding discs moving in all different directions. :eek:

Erica

I have the go fit Valslide gliding disks and think they are super! it came with a instructional dvd and booklet. It also has a mesh type bag with a drawstring to keep them in and the hard plastic bottom for carpet and these stretchy thick fuzzy fabric that stretches over them for hard floors. (think fitted bed sheet). the tops are grippy also so you don't loose your grip/footing when doing exercises. but they were like $26 in Target I think. worth it for over paper plates. here they are on amazon
http://www.amazon.com/GoFit-Ultimate-Workout-Program-Training/dp/B000OQWHQA

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.