exercise on 1 RM calc more than once?

spyrosmom

Cathlete
I've noticed some exercises (squats, 1 leg elevated lunges) are on the 1RM calc more than once. I thinks squats were on there 4 or 5 times w/ no variations, along with the variations. For plain squats, does it matter which one I use to make it show up on the STS workout card? I'm keeping my numbers written down, just in case, but I am wondering.

Nan

Good question, Nan. I've been inputting my number for EACH of the repeated exercises that are listed more than once...better safe than sorry!

Gayle

I've noticed some exercises (squats, 1 leg elevated lunges) are on the 1RM calc more than once. I thinks squats were on there 4 or 5 times w/ no variations, along with the variations. For plain squats, does it matter which one I use to make it show up on the STS workout card? I'm keeping my numbers written down, just in case, but I am wondering.

Nan

There are different types of Squats shown in the 1RM download list. For Example, we show Barbell Squats (this is only for people using the optional Leg-Squat rack routine), narrow stance squats, Plie squats, close stance squats and front squats. Though these are all forms of squats they are all really different exercises and should be treated as such.

There are different types of Squats shown in the 1RM download list. For Example, we show Barbell Squats (this is only for people using the optional Leg-Squat rack routine), narrow stance squats, Plie squats, close stance squats and front squats. Though these are all forms of squats they are all really different exercises and should be treated as such.

Actually, this is not the case. Athough the variations you mention are there, so are repeats of a great many of the exercises. It is really not clear which we are supposed to use in these instances. Perhaps Administration is seeing the list differently from users?

Actually, this is not the case. Athough the variations you mention are there, so are repeats of a great many of the exercises. It is really not clear which we are supposed to use in these instances. Perhaps Administration is seeing the list differently from users?

Yep, what she said. Just "squats" is listed several time. Then all the variations are there, too.

Nan

I've re-downloaded the file and don't see any repeats for Squats. Are you referring to the 1RM test download or the workouts themselves? If you're referring to the 1RM test download can you give the page numbers where you're seeing repeats?

I've re-downloaded the file and don't see any repeats for Squats. Are you referring to the 1RM test download or the workouts themselves? If you're referring to the 1RM test download can you give the page numbers where you're seeing repeats?

On the 1RM calucator in the WM, "Squats, standing................."
shows 5 times. Then the other kinds of squats are showing as well. There were a few others exercises that showed more than once for the same thing as well. Maybe its something that is showing on the user end and not the IT end? So you guys can't see it?

Nan

The current beta 1.0 1RM calculator has several problems as do the current STS workout Cards. When beta 2.0 is released most of these problems and errors will be fixed.

So, in the meantime, does it matter which one of the repeats we choose, or will some of our information be lost if we choose the wrong one?

If you use the 1RM download guide you will be fine. All the exercises in the download have an exercise number that you can use to cross reference with the exercises listed in the 1RM calculator.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.