Disc #24 - Back & Biceps - Drop Sets

SNM Videos

Administrator
To view YouTube clip go to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcG5KnrxZaM

Hi Everyone!

Hang on to your hats because we are going on an intense ride (wait until you see the faces in this workout, ha). This YouTube clip features a segment from our Back and Bicep workout from Mesocycle 2 (hypertrophy phase) and we're showing you an example of two back to back drop sets for BICEPS which are one of the best techniques for hypertrophy. Because we are limited to our clip length/time you will not see the BACK exercises but I have a complete list of all the exercises included in this workout below. When doing drop sets, always make sure to select a weight that is 80% of your 1 RM for the first set of every drop set. Then decrease your weight by 20%-30% for each of the two following sets. When using this technique in the STS program we encourage you to always strive to complete 10 reps if possible with only about ten seconds rest between all sets. If you're wondering why we have you drop your weights by 20% - 30% for set #2 and set#3 of every drop set, it is because studies have shown that in order to do 9 to 10 reps with only 10 seconds rest between each set a person must decrease their weight by this amount for each set.

For those who are unfamiliar with or just wanting a little refresher.....Mesocycle #2 (12 DVDs) is all about hypertrophy (muscle building and definition). Throughout, you will be lifting a weight that is 70% to 80% of your 1RM during these 4 weeks. Each week will feature a different workout for every muscle group. Your rep range will be around 8-12 reps for most exercises and because of the increased intensity, you will need a longer rest break of about 60 to 90 seconds between sets. Training concepts such as double wave loading, drop sets and back off sets will be used to push you like never before. Mesocycle 2 is divided into three muscle groupings (two upper body and one lower body) with four workouts per grouping. After completing your last workout for this mesocycle, you will take a week off and enjoy an active recovery week before starting Mesocycle #3 where you will increase your weights up to 90% of your 1RM.

Here is a complete list of all the exercises on disc #24. You will notice that Mesocycle #2 generally works each body part until completion before moving on to the next body part (ie: you do all of your back exercises before moving on to biceps).
Warm Up

Lat pulldowns with band

T-Pull with band

Y's with band

Pull Ups Overhand

Chinups Medium Grip

Chinups

Pullovers - Drop Set #1

Pullovers - Drop Set #2

Pullovers - Drop Set #3

One Arm Horizontal Row - Drop Set #1

One Arm Horizontal Row - Drop Set #2

One Arm Horizontal Row - Drop Set #3

Deadlifts #1

Deadlifts #2

Deadlifts #3

Barbell Curl - Drop Set #1

Barbell Curl - Drop Set #2

Barbell Curl - Drop Set #3

Incline Curls Both Arms Rotate at Top Drop Set #1

Incline Curls Both Arms Rotate at Top Drop Set #2

Incline Curls Both Arms Rotate at Top Drop Set #3

Seated Concentration Curls - Drop Set #1

Seated Concentration Curls - Drop Set #2

Seated Concentration Curls - Drop Set #3

Every new clip blows me away even more than the last! I absolutely cannot wait for STS to come out, it's going to whip us all into shape!! Thanks Cathe and crew for all of your hard work.

Agghhhh, Cathe and the crew are "spotting" themselves -- I thought I was the only one who did that!!

Looks great, thanks for the clip!

micro-load gloves?

I notice Cathe has those NIFTY micro-load gloves on during this workout, and they have the Cathe logo on them. I can't seem to find them on under Shop Cathe. Am I just missing them? I'd really LOVE to buy a pair.

I love the clip for this workout! I love to see that we're actually being encouraged to lift to the point of forced reps. That should do the trick!

Thanks!
Sandra

I notice Cathe has those NIFTY micro-load gloves on during this workout, and they have the Cathe logo on them. I can't seem to find them on under Shop Cathe. Am I just missing them? I'd really LOVE to buy a pair.

I love the clip for this workout! I love to see that we're actually being encouraged to lift to the point of forced reps. That should do the trick!

Thanks!
Sandra

Is this what you're looking for?
http://www.shopcathe.com/The_Step_p/121419.htm
2 lb. Weighted Gloves
clear1x1.gif

lb. Weighted Gloves
Use for Walking, Aerobics, Boxercise, Sport Training, Rehab

- Shape and Tone Arms
- Develop Strength, Speed and Agility
- Adjustable Weight Packets - 1 lb. Max. Each
- Secure Zipper Storage Pockets
- Comfortable Form Fitting Design With Finger Loops
- Adjustable - One Size Fits Most

_ Palm is Open

I notice Cathe has those NIFTY micro-load gloves on during this workout, and they have the Cathe logo on them. I can't seem to find them on under Shop Cathe. Am I just missing them? I'd really LOVE to buy a pair. Thanks!
Sandra

Hi Sandra:
they should be the weighted gloves on ShopCathe's site:

http://www.shopcathe.com/category_s/46.htm

they may be an updated version, but I bought mine at my local Sports Chalet... They are pretty close though, and come in 2 ~ .5 incriments per glove in the zipper pouch on the back of the glove/hand (1 lb per glove total) :)

HTH's

ETA: Yeah, what Nancy said!

I think I'll take a pair of those gloves when I get the extra money. Looks very cool when there's just no right increment in dumbbells.

And, hey, I love to see the crew grimacing as much as I do during lifting. I also have used the spotting trick and don't feel as guilty about it now. :D

Looks awesome! Can't wait to see more, this really makes me want to buckle down and continue doing my 1RMs :eek:

D'oh!

Well, now I feel like an idiot! :D:eek: I didn't realize those 2lb weighted gloves were the same thing they were wearing in the workout. I didn't think that the weight gloves in the picture had an open palm, but now that I've looked closer, I see they do.

Thanks for the guidance, Gang! I used my 20% off coupon from the calendar to order the gloves and an STS t-shirt. It's going to be a good-mail month!

Sandra

Well, now I feel like an idiot! :D:eek: I didn't realize those 2lb weighted gloves were the same thing they were wearing in the workout. I didn't think that the weight gloves in the picture had an open palm, but now that I've looked closer, I see they do.

Thanks for the guidance, Gang! I used my 20% off coupon from the calendar to order the gloves and an STS t-shirt. It's going to be a good-mail month!

Sandra

Dont feel bad Sandra...I OWN the gloves & didnt know the weights were removable! LOL

Sandra

I wish I had thought to include these in my order for my 20% off. But it's long gone.

Wow, this looks amazing! You all are working sooo hard! LOVE THE FACES!!! It's fun to get these previews just to see what we are in for! I can't believe they are almost on our doorsteps! Thanks once again for all you do to make us happy!!! You're the BEST!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.