Cathe/SNM, How can I make STS work 4 me?

goldenrun358

Cathlete
I have been thinking a lot about STS and how to incorporate it into my workout schedule so that I get the most out of the program, but don't overtrain. I am currently teaching a group weight lifting class on Tuesday. I am almost always sore after this class, which is a one hour total body class, and is pretty intense if I do say so myself ;)

Aside from this class, I am also focusing on running a lot right now and want to continue to run at least 3 days per week. I'm doing a very hilly 3-mile run and am working back up to 6-miles for a 10K I'm running on Thanksgiving morning.

Generally, I can only devote an hour per day to workouts. So, with these two things already taking up a portion of my workouts, do you think that adding STS is too much? I'm worried about having adequate recovery time. I've thought about not doing the lower body workouts, but I know they are going to be great and I don't want to miss out.

Any suggestions? Am I worrying over nothing or is this too much to do at once?

Thanks for listening and I have to say that no matter what, I am soooo excited for the STS release! I will always purchase anything that Cathe/crew/SNM puts out because it the BEST! No other instructor out there even comes close to Cathe's quality, expertise, and intensity! Thanks for all your hard work!

I have been thinking a lot about STS and how to incorporate it into my workout schedule so that I get the most out of the program, but don't overtrain. I am currently teaching a group weight lifting class on Tuesday. I am almost always sore after this class, which is a one hour total body class, and is pretty intense if I do say so myself ;)

Aside from this class, I am also focusing on running a lot right now and want to continue to run at least 3 days per week. I'm doing a very hilly 3-mile run and am working back up to 6-miles for a 10K I'm running on Thanksgiving morning.

Generally, I can only devote an hour per day to workouts. So, with these two things already taking up a portion of my workouts, do you think that adding STS is too much? I'm worried about having adequate recovery time. I've thought about not doing the lower body workouts, but I know they are going to be great and I don't want to miss out.

Any suggestions? Am I worrying over nothing or is this too much to do at once?

Thanks for listening and I have to say that no matter what, I am soooo excited for the STS release! I will always purchase anything that Cathe/crew/SNM puts out because it the BEST! No other instructor out there even comes close to Cathe's quality, expertise, and intensity! Thanks for all your hard work!

STS is only a 3 day per week weight program. We hope and expect that most people will also mix cardio with their STS program. In your case it's running while others may choose to do a cardio video or machine. This is perfectly fine and we encourage everyone to also do cardio of their choice with STS.

As for the group weight training class you teach. I would suggest you either lighten the weights you personally use in class or allow two rest days after you teach your class for recovery. Most of the STS workouts can be done back to back as they are broken down into different muscle groups.

SNM!

Since I am in the same scenario as Goldenrun, are you saying we can do TWO STS workouts back-to-back the SAME day or TWO days in a row? Thanks for all your help. I cannot wait!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.