Another dumb ab circuits Q

LauraMax

Cathlete
Do you think the paper plates will work on the rubber puzzle mats? I'm thinking not--at least not nearly as smoothly as on the wood floors. I'm wracking my brains trying to figure out something slippery enough to use & am coming up empty. Any suggestions from anyone out there?

I have used the paper plates with P90X on the puzzle mats and had no issues with them. There is the one push up with the slidding paper plates and it worked just fine...

I haven't tried paper plates, but Gliding Discs don't work as smoothly on my puzzle mats as they do on carpet or hardwood (depending on the type of Gliding disc and surface I'm using). There is a bit of stick to them, which can actually add more good resistance to some moves, but could add some bad resistance (ie: pull on the knee in a direction it shouldn't be pulled).

What are your puzzle mats over?
Rags work really well on wooden floors (and allow you to clean at the same time, ;)).

Paper plates or Gliding Discs work well on carpet (you could buy a piece of 3' x 6' carpet for cheap and put that down when you need to glide).

carpet remnant

Hi Laura! You can cheaply purchase a carpet remnant of about 5 by 5 at a carpet place or even home depot.

Do you think the paper plates will work on the rubber puzzle mats? I'm thinking not--at least not nearly as smoothly as on the wood floors. I'm wracking my brains trying to figure out something slippery enough to use & am coming up empty. Any suggestions from anyone out there?

Sounds like we need some of Clark W. Griswold's super slippery formula. :D

My mats are on the concrete floor in my basement. I actually have an old rug down there my Bad Penny chewed up last spring. Maybe I'll give that a try. I was also thinking maybe plastic plates instead of paper plates.

I'm really looking forward to this DVD! :)

Laura, when I didn't have paper plates I used plastic grocery bags and they really worked! Put your feet in them and tie around your ankle. I wouldn't want to use them for every workout, but just until you find something better.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.