? about the 6 month rotation

Kimenem

Cathlete
I understand (I think) that in doing the 6 month rotation, you just do each week twice before moving on. So when do you take your rest week becasue each mesocycle would last 8 weeks???

Also, I thought the plyo leg workouts were something additional. But I saw in the cardio rotation that they were factored in as an STS workout. Am I wrong?

I understand (I think) that in doing the 6 month rotation, you just do each week twice before moving on. So when do you take your rest week becasue each mesocycle would last 8 weeks???

Also, I thought the plyo leg workouts were something additional. But I saw in the cardio rotation that they were factored in as an STS workout. Am I wrong?

Rest week for us 6 monthers is suggested after you have completed the Meso twice...unless of course you felt your body needed it... (thats per Cathes orig post about it)

STS Plyo Legs starts in Meso 3 on the regular 3 month plan. (disc 26 is the first one) Cathe had said in a post to feel free to add them in as a second leg day at any time.

I remember reading on one of Cathe's threads that recovery week is after every 8 week mesocycle (week 9, etc.), instead of every 4 weeks.

Also, Plyo Legs IS your leg workout during Meso 3 (unless you do the optional squat leg routine). At least that's how I understand it...

Plyo Legs IS your leg workout during Meso 3 (unless you do the optional squat leg routine). At least that's how I understand it...

That's how I understood it as well, I looked at the user guide, and you do either the plyo or the squat rack routines, but she said to stick with the one you chose for all 4 weeks, so not sure if that applies to all 8 weeks.

I'm curious though if it's ok/advised to add them in anywhere as a second leg workout in any given week, I'd be interested in possibly doing that. Well, I say that now ;), I'll see how I feel after just doing the planned leg workout this week.

Thanks everyone. I was also wondering about adding a second leg day but then that's only 2 days of cardio. Maybe I could add some floor work after a shorter cardio session one of those days.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.