Ab Circuits Dumb Question

nancy324

Cathlete
I just have to know: Is there a reason it is called Ab Circuits instead of Core Circuits? It really is an all-core work, right? It looks great and I want to buy it, but I need strengthening of my whole core, not just my abs, so I just have to make sure. Forgive me for being so naive.

Why not Core Circuits

Hi Nancy! Great question! Yes it is 100% completely core and ab based. It's just that overall most people still identify with the word "abs" more than "core" when they think of an abdominal/core workout. If you go up to just about anybody and ask them what area they want to work on, you will most likely here "my abs" or even "tummy" or "gut" but you will rarely hear "my core" unless it is someone well versed in fitness or working out. And since Ab Circuits will be sold separately from STS I wanted it to have a broader, more identifyable title appeal. In other words you see the title and quickly know that the workout will work the abdominal area.

I just have to know: Is there a reason it is called Ab Circuits instead of Core Circuits? It really is an all-core work, right? It looks great and I want to buy it, but I need strengthening of my whole core, not just my abs, so I just have to make sure. Forgive me for being so naive.

Thanks so much, Cathe! Strengthening my core is my number one fitness goal. I know how many people out there believe that working their abs will reduce the spare tire around their midsections. Sigh. I think that's one misconception that will never go away.

It looks great. Can't wait to try it!

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.