1RM Test in FileMaker for Mac/Excel

christosz

Cathlete
1RM Test in FileMaker (Mac OS X) and Excel

Phew!!!

Finally!!!!

Managed to put all STS exercises in FileMaker... totalling 116 different exercises (unless I left a few out by mistake!!!)
Fields are: Disc #, Exercise #, Exercise Name, Weight, Reps, Reps in actual w/o, Body Part worked. All you have to do is fill in the Weight and Reps fields and you're set!!!

Also, Disc #24 has the exercises missing, so when they are posted I will add them to the Filemaker file and repost.

I have attached the FileMaker file (for Mac OS) and the Excel spreadsheet in this post. Just rename the "STS 1RM Test.zip" to "STS 1RM Test.xls" or the "Filemaker STS 1RM Test.zip" to "Filemaker STS 1RM Test.fp7". I renamed them using .zip because I could not upload any file with the extensions .xls or .fp7... :(

If you have any problems with the files let me know and I will email them to you

I have noticed a couple of things, though: For legs, the last four discs (37, 38, 39, 40) use the squat rack so I will be doing my 1RM for those only. There are 42 different leg exercises but only four in the squat rack DVDs.

You will also see that many basic exercises repeat themselves throughout the program so if you get overwhelmed with the amount of 1RM testing you have to do, just stick with those and adjust your weights accordingly for any other similar exercise.

That's it for now.. gotta put some eyedrops in my eyes!!! LOLOLOLOL

Chris.

NOTE: Since many of you had trouble with the attachments, I removed them and uploaded them properly zipped with my 07-25-2008, 07:36 AM post.

Last edited:
And, most importantly, no one panic!!!! :D

As SNM said, things will be smoothed out in a couple of weeks. The setup of this site is very complex and I believe the guys are doing their best to overcome bugs and problems.

Chris.

Thank you so much, Chris! It's very nice of you to share the spreadsheets with us.

BTW, I am loving my Pavi flooring!!

Chris,
For some reason I can not open these files. Could you please email them to me when you get a chance?
Thank you soooo much for doing this!!

Guys,

everyone who has trouble opening the files, either send me an email so I can reply with the files attached, or send me a PM with your email address.

BTW both files work on a Mac as well as a PC.

Chris.

:)

Wow! Thanks so much for sharing this!

For those who have Excel, this is what worked for me ... "save" the file instead of opening it, then open Excel and open the file. Works great.

Deb

Thanks for doing this. You are the best.
I'm having problems too. Could you e-mail them to me also, please.

Thank you!

This will make the whole 1RM thing easier. Your generosity is very much appreciated!

Tracy

Thanks, guys, for you kind words. Don't forget we are all in this together to become the best we can be!

Oh! And one last thing I wanted to point out. It might be wise to test opposing (push pull) muscles on the same day and avoid testing synergistic (assisting) muscle groups together. For example, when you test lat rows, your biceps assist so you might want to test them on the day you test triceps. Same goes with chest which is assisted by triceps or shoulders and triceps (especially on overhead tri press shoulders are stabilizers).

I could be wrong on that so let me know what you think.

Chris.

Chris,
Just printed out the email. Thanks so much!!! This is amazing! Must have taken you alot of time, so I just wanted to let you know it is much appreciated!!

thanks,

Ok.

I zipped the files and here they are. All you have to do is unzip them using a program like UnRAR, WinZip or WinRAR (for PC) or StuffIt Expander (for Mac).

:)

Chris.

Attachments

• STS 1RM Test.xls.zip
    7.2 KB · Views: 351
  • STS 1RM.fp7.zip
    14 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.